Did anyone here win the "Hero at Large" auction?

I had no idea it had such a cult following either...

Seriously, who knows where to get a good super hero mannequin?

BTW, the movie that H@L was based on is showing Thursday night at 10:15pm Pacific time, on Turner Classic Movies.

10:15 AM - Meet John Doe (1941)

CanÂ’t go wrong with a Frank Capra movie.

Hey Hey.

Congrats Rocketeer 1938...
Well Done.

Great suit from a great movie.

Since you've made a fan replica in the past it shows me just what a good home it's going to.

Thanks for the offer to share some photos with us. I look forward to seeing them.

ENJOY.

Chuck...

Nice buy :)

I have been watching for this film to come back out. it was on VSH long ago and just came out on DVD a couple of months ago.

I figured it would when JR passed on :(

I really love the theme to the film

Congrats on the win.

GOT IT.

It's in surprisingly good shape for 25 years old. The mask is scratched but the costume looks like it just came off the set. I guess 100% synthetic fabrics arenÂ’t all bad. Here is a Pic of the suit. IÂ’m working on a web page for all the partsÂ…

sml_cost_whole.jpg

More soon

Excellent.

How badly is the mask scratched? If it's just scuffed, there's plastic polish out there that might do the trick.

Looking forward to the additional (and much more detailed, I'm sure.) pics.

Steve

Originally posted by misterfusion@Dec 24 2005, 01:09 AM
Excellent.

How badly is the mask scratched? If it's just scuffed, there's plastic polish out there that might do the trick.

Looking forward to the additional (and much more detailed, I'm sure.) pics.

Steve
[snapback]1142678[/snapback]​

Not that scratched. It'll look great on a mannequin but if you put it on it's a little fogged.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back