Denix build using the parts I designed for that MGC “ROTJ” build..
1A4C3DDF-CB24-4ED9-A8BA-A95B088FC19A.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey - quick question, when mounting a bracket to an MGC, how did you tap the rear screw? seems like, for the hammer to still be moveable, you have barely any material to tap?

Hey - quick question, when mounting a bracket to an MGC, how did you tap the rear screw? seems like, for the hammer to still be moveable, you have barely any material to tap?

Not to worry as there is more than enough metal to make the hold. The hammer (and safety) will work just fine.

the shape of the fins are quite odd. Trying to think what it could be from its size?

I've always thought it was a heatsink from some component. I've seen some WEIRD shapes that sit around items on circuit boards

Duh... thanks!

Too many threads and most of them too long to remember where everything is!

Totally understandable. That’s one of the reasons I started this thread and use direct links to each specific thread itself. Makes life just a little bit easier for everyone :)

Last edited:
I noticed something tonight while watching EMPIRE. When Luke falls in Cloud City he looks to be carrying the same style resin blaster he used on Dagobah..
View attachment 853237View attachment 853238View attachment 853239View attachment 853240
The scope/mount looks to have either broken off or was taken off. But what’s interesting is the paint job. It looks like they painted it with the scope and mount already attached??

I remember posting about this a few years ago. they REALLY didn't care, like we do, disassembling the parts to paint them. If you think about it, they just kept re-using casts of Han's ANH blaster with a different scope instead of casting the new ESB blasters.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back