Interest Doctor Who: 12th Doctor "Mummy" Cell Phone Group Run

manofsteel25

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Gang,

Oblivion, Wondersquid and I will be working on offering a run of the 12th doctor's Cell Phone from Mummy on the Orient Express.

Oblivion will be working his prop magic with the prototype and then Wondersquid and I will replicate this for a run.

Cost TBD but a good ballpark assumption is somewhere in the Sonic Lance range- $75 Static and $100-$150 for a working SFX model. If that cost goes down I'll update ASAP.

Ideally we'd like around 20-25 people to sign up but can probably move forward with 12.

As usual, once we have sign ups and the protoype is in hand, I'll give about 4 weeks to collect payment then expect another 4-5 weeks turnaround.

Post here, or PM if you want in!

d14-12o-021.jpg

doctor-who_series-8_episode-8_mummy-on-the-orient-express_production-artwork-9.jpg

doctor-who_series-8_episode-8_mummy-on-the-orient-express_production-artwork-7.jpg

1. Timelord25
2. Wondersquid

What kind of kit will this be? Resin, or a 3d print (what type?), etc?

I am interested dependent upon prototype pics :)

Protoype pics courtesy of Oblivion:

1zph3si.jpg
250qvko.gif

Now that the protoype is finished, we were worried there wasn't enough interest in this one but looking over the sign ups I think we're still solid for at least one run.

updating the list:
1. Timelord25
2. Wondersquid
3. robl (rpf)
4. E. Williams (RPF)
5. Darran (RPF Static)
6. Srandal (RPF)
7. evermore (RPF)
8. bobatrek (RPF Static maybe SFX)
9. pauldaking (RPF)
10. cjfrancese79 (RPF)
11. adam_e (GB)
12. davidnagel (GB)
13. Thorneyboy (GB)
14. The Ginger Doctor (GB Static)
15. Beep (GB Static)
16. Roland_Deschain (GB)
17. ukCave_Man (GB)
18. Darthbono71 (GB)
19. orange (GB)
20. modernboy (GB)

I'm thinking we'll max out at 20 or 25 tops. There's bound to be some dropouts with this long of a wait so if still interested or newly interested please post here.

Due to SDCC crunch serious movement on this run won't happen til Mid July but We'll try and work up price guesstimates for everyone and I'll update all the threads/FB to check current interest.

I hate to be "that guy" too but some other things have come up. I'm going to have to bow out.

No worries guys. I know exactly how this goes with such a long wait and this was out of my hands.

We probably won't get properly rolling til Post SDCC so feel free to hop back on if timing looks better for you later in the summer

1. Timelord25
2. Wondersquid
3. orange (GB)
4. modernboy (GB)
5. Darran (RPF Static)
6. Srandal (RPF)
7. evermore (RPF)
9. pauldaking (RPF)
10. cjfrancese79 (RPF)
11. adam_e (GB)
12. davidnagel (GB)
13. Thorneyboy (GB)
15. Beep (GB Static)
16. Roland_Deschain (GB)
17. ukCave_Man (GB)
18. Darthbono71 (GB)

Loosely we're thinking a static phone will be $85, a working phone will be in the $150 range and is we look into an iphone cover version then it would be in the $75-$85 range. We'll firm this up after SDCC.

I won't start collecting funds til we have the above finalized (and I always give at least 4 weeks lead time) so you all have time to budget accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I never say never, so I won't call this run totally dead but seeing as there's been no real up date in several months I thought I ought to pop my head in to say this run is on indefinite hold for reasons out of our control.

We may look at re-engineering this from scratch on our end down the line as the idea of a functioning mummy 'cell phone' would certainly have been very cool but for the time being we're focusing on Celery and neckerchief runs.

PLus although we have a standing list of 20 people I know that in the almost full year of waiting we'll have many drop outs and I suspect interest on this one might have waned for the next big thing.

However if I'm wrong and anyone who had interest in this is still on board should we get it going again, please PM me or post here.

Updated list
1. Timelord25
2. Wondersquid
3. orange (GB)
4. modernboy (GB)
5. Darran (RPF Static)
6. Srandal (RPF)
7. evermore (RPF)
9. pauldaking (RPF)
10. cjfrancese79 (RPF)
11. adam_e (GB)
12. davidnagel (GB)
13. Thorneyboy (GB)
15. Darthbono71 (GB)
16. Roland_Deschain (GB)
17. ukCave_Man (GB)
18. Darthbono71 (GB
19. starfox (RPF)
20. Dxlenion (Prydon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Doctor Who: 12th Doctor "Mummy" Cell Phone Group Run

You can add me to the list. I'd be interested in a non-static phone case version, but otherwise the full working one. I don't mind waiting.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back