Doctor Who Davros Sculpt

ratchetrex

Hi only my second time really cracking down on sculpting a piece and im looking for some suggestions/critisism as well as some help.

Last edited:
Nu-Who Davros I take it?
It looks VERY good to me. Perhaps needs a bit of smoothing out/refining up around the forehead "eye" but otherwise I can't say anything negative.
It looks great.

Hey thanks for the input im having trouble getting the smoothing technique down with this type of clay but hopefully I will get it worked out.

Lookin' very good bud! It looks to me like the eye sockets are a LITTLE low though. I'd also say to invest in a rake tool and rake out all of your forms. It really does help a lot! Keep it up. Can't wait to see an update!

Thanks for all the feedback Ive got some more progress to show I will post some of the pictures later this evening. @piehead actually that video of yours was the reason I even tried to tackle this again.

I got a little excited and decided to go ahead and upload my update pics.
Please forgive the lack of ear detail and neck detail. I havent really done much to those areas yet since ive mostly been focused on the actual face part.

Finally after a bit of a break a big update on my davros sculpt

Keeping in mind that it is still a WIP any suggestions?

And thanks for all the kind words!!

Just re-watched the episode of the new series with ol' Davvie in it.

Extremely well-done! Looks to be absolutely spot-on :thumbsup

Well here is the final version of the sculpt I have adjusted the "head eye" and moved the eye sockets slightly. I can't wait to get this cast into something!

Well I finally got around to molding it even though the mold is a bit rough at this point but with a bit of filler I think that it will work out nicely. Hopefully once I get the latex in and do a few pulls I will be able to show it off and even offer some up if there is any interest.

Well I after the long downtime I was finally able to get a pull out of my mold it still needs a little trimming and the black spots are liquid tape im patching a few holes here and there then once its dry I will apply latex over top of that.
Hopefully I can get some paint on it very soon!

Bit of an update got a rough paint job on it. Between my crappy photography and the flash it looks worse than it really is.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back