Interest Doctor Who - The Moment, War Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver Display Stand

Done! First the painted and assembled pieces then the resin inside. Part A of the resin was definitely tainted or expired (if it even can expire?) but since I'm not using it for casting it's not a big deal, it'll cure hard eventually and do what it's meant to do - fill and add weight. It was just a hassle because it kept 'frothing' up as it cured and I had to remove some and redistribute it around before it got too hard.

IMG_5086.JPG IMG_5093.JPG

Once the resin is fully cured, I'll post a picture of the sonic in the stand. I have to adjust some of the tolerances so it all fits together better, and widen the center opening on the top "brass" layer since I had to sand it down a bit on the test print to get the Russrep War Docor's sonic to fit the way it should. Other than that, I think it turned out pretty well, aside from some resin leak through the slots on the inside. Luckily I caught it before it was too rigid and cleaned it up as it cured. I'll need to repaint a few areas so there aren't random glossy patches on the surface.

If you plan to fill yours with resin, make sure you seal up all those joint real good! I thought I got them but apparently one pass with the model cement wasn't enough.

Last edited:
The resin fully cured so I sanded the bottom down to make the stand sit level and the Russrep sonic fits perfectly! There's no lean or anything since the stand holds it around the circumference of the cap in two places.

IMG_5097.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back