Does Pledge still manufacture a floor gloss that can be used for airbrushing?

helix_3

EDIT: Pledge Floor Gloss is no more

Future/ Pledge Floor Care/ Pledge Revive It are no longer available. Of the commercially available products, "Pledge Multi-Surface Concentrated Floor Cleaner" is the only one kind of close. It has "Proprietary Film Formers" in the ingredients, but the rest of the ingredients are off. Also the instructions for the Revive It/ Floor Care say to wash the surface with a separate product then apply, while the multi surface seems to be a 2-in-1 cleaning and shining agent.
  • Pledge Revive It: Water, Proprietary Film Formers, Tributoxyethyl Phosphate, Ethoxydiglycol, Fragrance, Ammonium Hydroxide, Oleic Acid, methylisothiazolinone, Proprietary Fluorosurfactant, Benzotriazolyl Diodecyl p-Cresol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Pentasodium Pentetate. SCJ Formula # 35*3597
  • Pledge Floor Care: Water, Proprietary Film Formers, Tributoxyethyl Phosphate, Ethoxydiglycol, Fragrance, Ammonium Hydroxide, Oleic Acid, 4,4-Dimethyloxazolidine, Proprietary Fluorosurfactant, Benzotriazolyl Diodecyl p-Cresol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Pentasodium Pentetate. SCJ Formula # 35*3597
  • Pledge Multi Surface: Water, Proprietary Film Formers, Ethoxylated Alcohols, Ammonium Hydroxide, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Fragrance, 2-ethyl-2,5-dimethylhaxanoic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Preservative, Dye
Has anyone used Multi Surface, or is there a gloss product available that I'm missing?

Last edited:
Thanks for showing the comparative ingredients. After just paying scalper's prices on some Pledge, I'm going to get a bottle of "multi surface" to experiment. Is there any info on how the product is removed? Does it still come off with ammonia? Just in case, I won't try it with my good airbrush.

Hey guys,
I’ve tried both Rejuvinate and Quick Shine, they are both great, and work just like Future. They both give a beautiful gloss finish after a couple of coats, it’s identical to what future does. Both are water clean up too. Do not use anything that says cleans and protects as it will have a cleaning solution as part of it and will probably wreck your paint job. Oh, the Quick Shine is a little cloudy but dries crystal clear. Both are carried by Walmart

Last edited:
I did a side-by-side awhile back between Future and a couple of other products I found locally. One was Quick Shine mentioned above and the other was Weiman hardwood polish and restorer. I concluded that neither were exactly the same as Future, but they work in a pinch, especially if you're just looking to only have to use your precious supply of Future when it really counts. Weiman wasn't as durable as Quick Shine or Future. Both Quick Shine and Weiman take longer to dry than Future. Future definitely wins on shine and clarity on a clear part such as an aircraft canopy, but Quick Shine wasn't bad. I'll have to keep an eye out for Rejuvenate and try that out too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back