Done / Completed DONE

After a long, rough day and many more to come...I came home to find a box from Italy on my kitchen table. My spirits jumped immediately! I opened the box and a smile came across my face.

I love it! I was amazed at the heft to it lol, took me by surprise at first. It is a thing of beauty and I will be watching "Last Crusade" tonight.

WELL DONE:thumbsup .

Would love to see a pic of your cross if you have a chance.

Also received my cross. Unfortunately, during shipping, Jezus fell of his cross ;-). The Jezus figure is glued on 4 pegs on the cross, and it came off nicely. I just removed all glue residue and will glue the figure back in place tomorrow.

Great looking cross! I'll probably write a review / comparison soon between this cross, the previous one Sarednab made (solid bronze one) and RelicMaker's cross... But I can already tell this on is the most accurate one I've ever seen. Good job, Sarednab!

To all buyers: be carefull with Jezus. In my case he came off pretty easy it seemed. But if he comes off, he can be glued on pretty easy, just make sure Jezus doesn't make a tumble from a high distance (when hanging the cross to a wall or something), because that could probably damage him. So make sure he is fixed firmly before putting the cross somehwere on a place from where Jezus could make a high fall...

--- Update ---

used Tec7 to put Jezus back in place. Tec7 is some kind of mounting kit, well known in Belgium for a super-fast and little elastic bound. Put it on the pegs and a bit on the back and the legs, and now the figure is attached as firm as can be. Since Tec7 is white, and you could see this when looking between the cross and the back of the figure, I painted it gold, so it blends in nicely. Also removed the chain to make the ring on the cross (where the chain goes through) a bit more round with some small pliers. So the cross now is ready to have a review along with RelicMakers cross and Sarednabs previous all bronze cross... First taking the necessary pictures, off course... I'll post a link to the review / comparison thread here, once it's up... In any case: the three crosses I mentioned are all fantastic and defenitely the best out there. Each one has it's qualities, and I guess in the end it's personal taste to pic one of the three. But more of that in the review... Stay tuned! ;-)

Last edited:
Would love to see a pic of your cross if you have a chance.

Here's some quick pics with my cell phone. I'm not much of a photographer though. And where it currently sits with the rest of my Last Crusade props.

Attachments

• IMAG0735.jpg
    IMAG0735.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 114
  • IMAG0734.jpg
    IMAG0734.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0741.jpg
    IMAG0741.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0749.jpg
    IMAG0749.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
Mine arrived as well with ***** detached. I'm not sure what I'll use to re-attach him.
Just be sure to remove all the glue from the begs on the cross and the holes in the figure. After that, the figure should nicely fit the pegs (on mine the peg on the feet did not fit that great). I would advice to not only glue the pegs, but also put some glue (or whatever you will use) on the aureola, back and legs, to make sure the figure is fixed firmly. As I said: I used Tec7, because I know the bond is very, very strong. But i think something like JB Weld or another epoxy would to the trick too. Just make sure you don't use too much of it, so it doesn't spill from under the figure.

I'm pretty happy with my own repair. I'm sure the figure is attached more firmly now than before, and the repair is not noticable at all (I painted the white of the Tec7 gold, with some gold Revell modelling paint, after taping the cross and Jezus figure).

I would gladly offer a "repair service" for free, but shipping the cross back and forth, would make this rather expensive, I guess, for a repair someone can do themselves... So unless you are from Belgium, this won't be a real option, I guess... ;)

Mine arrived as well with ***** detached. I'm not sure what I'll use to re-attach him.

You can do as Tomvdj suggests. Personally, I would clean off the old glue, and then use silicone. I use it all the time at work. It is very strong once cured and remains flexible (not brittle) over time.

Here some pics of mine, after the repair:

Dsc_0262.jpg Dsc_0263.jpg Dsc_0267.jpg

Some details: even the face is super detailed...

Dsc_0264.jpg Dsc_0268.jpg Dsc_0265.jpg

This picture shows where I have added extra Tec7 (it's some kind of silicone, like Raiders March suggested, only extra strong and paintable when dry). It's most visible at the back. There's also some on the legs, but it's not too clear on the picture. I painted it gold, so it blends in perfectly, and you only see it from the angle in the picture below.

Dsc_0266.jpg

Once I have some more time, I'll post a side by side review of this one, the previous solid bronze one, and Relic Maker's cross... (all others are way below the standard set by Sarednab and Relic Maker ;) ).

Received mine today. ***** was intact and still attached. The cross is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for doing this run, very happy I got in.

Here some pics of mine, after the repair:

View attachment 639188 View attachment 639189 View attachment 639193

Some details: even the face is super detailed...

View attachment 639190 View attachment 639194 View attachment 639191

This picture shows where I have added extra Tec7 (it's some kind of silicone, like Raiders March suggested, only extra strong and paintable when dry). It's most visible at the back. There's also some on the legs, but it's not too clear on the picture. I painted it gold, so it blends in perfectly, and you only see it from the angle in the picture below.

View attachment 639192

Once I have some more time, I'll post a side by side review of this one, the previous solid bronze one, and Relic Maker's cross... (all others are way below the standard set by Sarednab and Relic Maker ;) ).

Fantastic. Thank you for posting photos of your cross. Are you planning to do a side by side comparison with this cross and the other crosses of your collection. I've lost count of how many crosses you own actually!

I can't wait for mine. I am counting the as of yet unknown quantity of days. Meanwhile I am working on a Uncharted cosplay..... I seem to like lost treasure stuff for some reason.

Received my Cross of Coronado today. You've done it again sarednab and team! Another awesome prop to admire in my collection. Its definitely not as shiny as it appears in some pics which is a good thing, and the blue enamel two-tone looks fantastic.
Cheers guys:cheers

20160720_182347-1.jpg
20160720_182900.jpg

Ok guys! All cross shipped and run closed! We still have a few cross remained. If someone could be interested could contact me. Next run (if we'll do a next run) price will be at least 100$ more... so, if you want it, take it now ;)

Also received my cross. Unfortunately, during shipping, Jezus fell of his cross ;-). The Jezus figure is glued on 4 pegs on the cross, and it came off nicely. I just removed all glue residue and will glue the figure back in place tomorrow.

So I am at least number 3 with detached Jeezus. I took it off the wall for redecorating and put it on the side and he just came off.

The glue seems not be sticking very good on the material and on the top fixing point the plating came off with the glue. Unfortunately I am really bad repairing stuff and I already know I will probably damage the cross further trying to remove the residue, which is really firm and persistant. But without removing it new glue will probably not work.

Not really happy :(

IMG_0543.jpg

You won't be damaging the cross by removing the glue residue. As I said: I repaired mine with Tec7 and all is good now. I wouldn't use glue to reattach it, but epoxy, two components or something like that.

If you want me to repair it the same way I repaired mine, I'd be glad to do that for you (only expect a positive feedback if you are happy with the repair afterwards). You just have to send over the cross, and cover the costs for shipping it back to you. Don't know where you are from?

This also reminds me I'll have to post a comparison between RelicMaker's cross, Sarednabs solid bronze one, and this one..

This also reminds me I'll have to post a comparison between RelicMaker's cross, Sarednabs solid bronze one, and this one..

TomVDJ, I would be very interested in hearing your comparison between the various Cross of Coronado offerings. Looking forward to it!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back