Eaglemoss Ecto 1 1:8 Proton Pack Upgrade

Jammieh1990

Good Afternoon all,

This is my first post be gentle.

Like many of you (random guess) I am collecting the Eaglemoss Ecto 1. One of the special gifts are 1:8 scale proton packs. To be honest they are awful.

Heavily simplified (I get that for manufacturing process) however there is one thing I can no abide and that is that it has no working lights. Blitzway can do it at 1:6 so I am planning to do it as a mod to my 1:8 scale rotating light system.

One slight issue is I have absolutely no clue clue on electronics.

I am looking for someone to help me or possibly tell me what I need to make this happen

Thank you in advance ☺

simple lighting-stuff can be achieved with an arduino. there are plenty of tutorials how to connect an program leds (even RGB ones). There are quite small arduions and/or compatibles like the arduino mini (with limited pins) but depending on the coplexity you are going for, this might be enough.

I too have noticed the way these proton packs were designed, & noticed that the harnesses were omitted. I thought about making my own, but have no idea of how to do this. I was told to use 1.5 mm ribbon, which has proved impossibe to purchase. Does anyone know of anyone doing ths mod, & how I can purchase it. I does seem a shame that eaglemoss did not include this with the packs. They look like mere toys at present, & will not have them in my ecto 1 unless they look correct. I have made mods to the packs to make them look real, but am misssing the vital harnesses.

Last edited:
1709380958704.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back