eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

So what is you're point?

Why do you even bother to post, Jamie? My point is that while the eFX model looks nice and I'm happy enough to own one, it's wrong. Steve and I established that about, what, three years ago. The pylon is 1-1/4". Not 1-1/8".

Last edited:
I'd love to see any resin monkey build this particular model scratched for under 1G...

Imaginere says he'd love to build a Neisen hero... This is the Neisen hero...
If you buy a kit add your own coolshade this is as close as you will ever get to the ILM model. Damn I can't wait until this yea at wonderfest...

It's not the Neisen hero. The Neisen hero doesn't have 3D printed parts, or an undersized canopy. It has good old cast from original donor kit parts. One would think you of all people would know better. Oh, and it's "imaginager". Not, "Imaginere". And, by the way, I've already built a Neisen hero with Koolshade and I GAVE it to Steve gratis.

You're a troll and need to GO AWAY.

This is very constructive indeed! :rolleyes I don't think name calling is what this thread needs. Everything that was discussed here, up until now, was in a very friendly manner, and people can have different options without being called names. Grow up.

Exactly. This is a mass market product, the same as an ipod or anything else; it isn't a custom built. Issues at the manufacturing end have nothing to do with the consumer.

As a modeller, $1000 seems like a bargain. As a collector, $1000 is a monstrous amount of money, and the "near enough's, good enough" finish on most eFX products of late, is not acceptable.

I can see both sides of the coin, but as someone who owns all the MR & eFX SS's / replicas, I can tell you when the "average Joe" comes to my house and hears some of the prices these things cost, they think I'm smoking some serious drugs. To anyone NOT in the know, these are just "plastic toys" and $1000 goes a LOOOOOOOONG way in the "real world" toward things that have a far more quantifiable value.

So at the end of the day, each to their own. But regardless, eFX's QC and customer service leaves something to be desired.

That's exact the point i was speaking about and nothing more.
Would say,that hit's the nail on the top.

I wasn't saying any replica is 100% screen accurate (and I agree, they never will be). I'm talking about QC of a product... that's all.

If parts are meant to fit together, make them fit. If decals have been put on reversed due to poor QC, that's NOT good enough.

What if Apple sent out their iPods with the print reversed? They'd be recalled and fixed (and please don't get on the eFX is a small company, so cut them some slack, bandwagon. There's thousands of small companies that, in fact, do it better than the larger ones due to their desire to make a stand-out product).

A prop (or custom) is an entirely different beast.

Im with you bud, exactly the point i was making, before the rot set in from old.
In fact, i don't think I've seen one negative post on the model itself, just a fact that the QC is awful for a replica and this calibre and price bracket.

lee

Ok, lets build the ultimate TIE fighter ! With a correctly sized cockpit ball and pylons.

Since Jamie is so kind we could offer one for free !*

Well no after all.

Hey Julien,

I know you are very busy because of the avenger.
However, you are always doing the mutiple model...How about your Tie progress?

Actually, I slightly modified the eFX Tie few weeks ago because I gave up the cleaning work for Steve's wingstar.
But finally, I could foolhardy and am rescribing the panel-lines on eFX Tie...:cry

Eric.

Ok, lets build the ultimate TIE fighter ! With a correctly sized cockpit ball and pylons.

Since Jamie is so kind we could offer one for free !*

Well no after all.

Eric what have you all done to the efx tie and going to do to it to make accurat? Also thank you for the information and help.

Thanks again

Mark

Hi Mark,

Actually, I'm not sure whether I can make accurate? because accuracy level depends on how you are satisfied IMO.

Anyway, I decided to change the eFX to make more accurate in my opinion as below point.

- Rebuild the cockpit frame
- Decal position change and adding the decals
- Cut the acrylic rod
- Change the window shield position
- Change the hatch details
- Change the wing cover...
- and .... I can't say all the current work on Tie ball and pylon...such as rescribing the panel-lines...:cry
If possible, I will post the progress...probably, I'm crazy

Eric.

Eric what have you all done to the efx tie and going to do to it to make accurat? Also thank you for the information and help.

Thanks again

Mark

Hi Mark,

Actually, I'm not sure whether I can make accurate? because accuracy level depends on how you are satisfied IMO.

Anyway, I decided to change the eFX to make more accurate in my opinion as below point.

- Rebuild the cockpit frame
- Decal position change and adding the decals
- Cut the acrylic rod
- Change the window shield position
- Change the hatch details
- Change the wing cover...
- and .... I can't say all the current work on Tie ball and pylon...such as rescribing the panel-lines...:cry
If possible, I will post the progress...probably, I'm crazy

Eric.

Eager to see what you come up with Eric, your a guy who has always saw right through a model, now i feel, it really will be perfected.

lee

I've received N°404 10 days ago. It arrived flawlessly and just one wing gave me headache to fix it properly.
After reading all the laments posted here and there I just want to make congratulations to eFX and all the persons in help in that project for such beautifully crafted piece with this TIE Fighter replica.

As you, I love authentic and accurate reproductions and I take pleasure to see original screen used models. But if we can accept defaults and air bubbles on originals, it is not the case with a sold and mass replica which can be, by the way, flawless for the posterity. In that regard, eFX did a marvelous job.

Of course, I compared that collectible with the original models and saw some innacuracies, but the fact is I could live with them as far that replica is gorgeous. Saying that, and for my personal knowledge, I don't love the pylon support and I wish to know more about how to get a thicker cockpit frame and other decals set to replace the factory ones. More, some of you make criticisms about the size of the "ball" and the hatch cover details. What is wrong there ?

Thanks you guys for sharing.

Just received. Beautiful model, but have two problems: 1. while mounting the wings, the glue holding the clear plastic disk at the bottom of the mounting pole failed and the pole is now unsteady, and 2. there are small flecks of paint flaking off on one of the hull "arms" near where the resin and metal tube armature meets, revealing the shiny metal of the armature tube. (See photos; flaws are more apparent in person.) I emailed Bryan at eFx and the retailer and am waiting to hear back, but wanted to know if anyone else has either of these problems? I obviously want the mounting pole replaced, but for the paint issue, I'd rather not ship the entire model back, especially after waiting so long to receive this, but then again I'm also wary of replacements having differences in paint or fit because they were made at different times in the run.

655103849_o.jpg

655103845_o.jpg

@Belloq: I had 12 TIEs here (i am running a collectible Business). 2 of them had the Problem with the paintchips on the Metall rods. I had to return them and got replacements.
I don't know how they could not prime that metal before painting....

Hello all,
A little part came of certainly from the cockpit. Some of you knows where it comes from ? Thank you very much.

efxtiebit01.jpg

efxtiebit02.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back