EFX's New Star Wars Items!

C0mmand3rC0dy

Sr Member
Has anybody else read the latest EFX newsletter, what do you all think about shadow stormtrooper helmets for $159.99? It's interesting how they're remaking the green-lensed trooper helmets as well.

Got mine regular bucket pre-ordered through Redfordfilms.com. :)

It was widely assumed they would follow-up to the Master Replicas stunt/symmetrical version from a few years ago. Glad to see it finally happening!

I cannot wait to see more news on the TIE Fighter in upcoming newsletters.

Thanks for the heads up on Redfordfilms.com

I've ordered the regular bucket and the shadow trooper too!

Can't beat those prices

The Luke V2 was pretty much just horrible, it was suppsed to be plated but was just painted and weathered with a brush, the obi ROTS I believe had a droopy neck area and was warped

And the chromed sections were often blotchy, just generally shoddy. Someone of RS went over the Obi-wan with something (car wax or something?) and made it look much more pristine. It's discussed in their prop forum. With that fix, I'd maybe consider the Obi-wan, but I dunno...

Thanks for the lowdown. I think i will pass on these resin sabers and just get something better when they become available.

Thanks for the lowdown. I think i will pass on these resin sabers and just get something better when they become available.

Yeah, frankly, I'd just save up and buy the LE, or else wait for a loose LE to come along. They'll be a lot more, but probably a lot less disappointing. Of course, if you're on a strict budget or a costumer, these are probably usable, but for 100 bucks, I expected more.

Just the Dooku.

confusion: precision cast for the lightsabers means "resin." I don't know if it's fancy injection or something, but I think "precision" is just marketing, and given the the OWK emitter is mis-aligned, I've gotta kinda scoff at the term.

Why am I not suprised by this? I think all the prop replica companies need to take heed of some old wisdom.

First: If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

Second: If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

Meaning? They have to stop farming out their production to third party manufacturers. If you're not actually making it yourself, you're just a design firm.

Maybe all the studios need to give up on prop companies and just sent CAD files and specs directly to manufacturers. It may not be any better, but at least it'll be cheaper without the proverbial middleman.

Last edited:
Just the Dooku.

confusion: precision cast for the lightsabers means "resin." I don't know if it's fancy injection or something, but I think "precision" is just marketing, and given the the OWK emitter is mis-aligned, I've gotta kinda scoff at the term.

thanks! I was really struggling with the word "precision". Another thing I'm struggling with is "based on". Does that mean the helmet is almost kinda sorta accurate?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back