Vincent Serpico

Greetings everyone,

My name is Vincent, I have always been a die hard fan of Escape from New York and always wanted to get a replica of the Tracer Bracelet that Snake Plissken wears in the movie with the spring loaded USPF Faceplate that reveals the red tracer button that can track him for 15 minutes by radar. I have never been able to to find one, so I decided to try my hand at recreating my own. I was not able to figure out a push spring latch system that would allow the faceplate to lock and then flip open, so I did have to modify it a bit. In my version you have to twist the top release knob slightly in order for the faceplate to flip open and reveal the tracer button. Let me know what you guys think and am always looking to improve on my design. I have put a tutorial together on my youtube page if anyone is interested in seeing the whole process. Also, I have linked the 1st image below, to my website, that have some other pictures of the finished design.

Escape From New York : DIY Snake Plissken Tracer Bracelet Tutorial (How to create this Movie Prop)

Here is my website if anyone is interested in just seeing some pictures of the finished Tracer Bracelet.

new-20york-20snake-20plissken-20tracer-20front-jpg.jpg

Escape from New York Snake Plissken Tracer Open.jpg

Escape from New York Snake Plissken Tracer Back.jpg

IMG953422.jpg
Escape from New York Snake Plissken Tracer in Case.jpg
F12C1109-.jpg

20210914_005402.jpg

Thanks,

Vincent Serpico

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back