Falcon Interior Lights

What did you use to build the housing on the outside of the light?
I hope TatooineMachine doesn't mind me answering this for you. I got my parts from Chad recently and have been planning by build.

Brian has a video up on the smugglers room (YouTube) I think Chad used 1” eps foam, that was then covered in torn up blue shop towel and modpodge before painting.

Personal I’m going to make my base from mdf, but will finish it in the same way to get the texture.

I’ll find a link to the vid and update

Here’s my build thread

Woody is correct, I used the hard board foam insulation with a 1” round over router bit. In hind sight, I’d wrap the hole in the center with the Smuggler’s Room method so there’s no green foam view. Something I’ll fix when I finally display my Falcon & Han Solo props, thanks guys! - Chad

Here's mine. In the middle of trying to get a couple of Coughtrie lamps.

DSC_0051.JPG

Not sure if there’s further interest in these. I’m out of aluminum plates but have about 25 lenses. I can easily run more plates. Post up if interested so I know, thank you all!

So what's this remind you of, guys:

Ordered them from Coughtrie direct, clean and unpainted. Glorious! Of course you've got to have TatooineMachine's goods to give them full proper look. This is how mine are for now until I can attempt to make a proper wall panel.

One thing I'm curious about though. SW10 lamp fittings come with glass bulb covers, plus a metal ring which attaches to the whole thing to keep it together. I'm wondering if the glass part were what they used for the light bulbs on the Moisture Vaporators? The metal ring piece may also have been used for something else, but I'm just speculating here.

Attachments

• DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back