Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Finished! pg 8

HAHA yeah, well no, that wasn't ME, but it WAS my armor!

i loaned it to Zack Finfrock, it took a beating, but it was not built for stunt work, so that was to be expected.
you'll also notice my armor was a little too small for the actor. so i may have to remake a lot for him in the future.

Yeah, I noticed the mask was a little loose. It still looked great though, and it was epic to see it action! Those slow-motion bits were awesome.
lad to see you're getting more publicity, and keep up the good work!

hey, i joined too just for this. i look forward to making this my first large project so far. i already have the pepakura files on my computer and look forward to printing them for the size and dimensions, but im having problems on the torso plate. i've tried sizing it up using the pics but ive failed so far. if you have any templates that you can PM or email me that would be greatly appreciated. im going to try and do my best on this for it will be the first time with fiberglass and bondo. if you have any noob tips and places to get supplies please PM or email me when you can.

thanks

I really like this costume! All attempts I have seen at it have been great. Amazing job guys. I have been using Kommisar's build as a model for mine and the only problems I have had with it are the belts and mounting of the chest piece. Also, what kind of helmets did everybody use? Just out of curiosity. Again excellent job!

hey, i joined too just for this. i look forward to making this my first large project so far. i already have the pepakura files on my computer and look forward to printing them for the size and dimensions, but im having problems on the torso plate. i've tried sizing it up using the pics but ive failed so far. if you have any templates that you can PM or email me that would be greatly appreciated. im going to try and do my best on this for it will be the first time with fiberglass and bondo. if you have any noob tips and places to get supplies please PM or email me when you can.

thanks

What I did for the armor was take the image he posted into GIMP 2.0 and measure the distance between the top and the bottom of the image in pixels. I then took my measurement for how long I wanted the armor to be against my body in inches. You then take your pixels/inches to get your ratio (x pixels = 1 inch)

You then draw out the template on a sheet of paper and record various measurements of edges that are of relation to one another and convert them to inches.
After that is done you need to get some large paper and kind of map out your dimensions remembering to keep everything within your dimensional constraints.

Once you have got the paper templates it is just a matter of tracing the template onto the EVA Foam and cutting and sanding.

Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger

Okay folks, big update,
i've been working hard getting the amp on the front of the mask looking right, which isnt easy when its from scratch.
couldn't find a pipe the right diameter to use for it, so i had to improvise.. now i have to do something similar for the gas canister! not going to be fun.
PA060601.jpg

PA060602.jpg

PA060603.jpg

PA060604.jpg

sometime round this period i noticed i was doing it wrong, and had to tear the pieces apart and redo them, so the gap between the sections were even all the way along, rather than kind of arcing outwards.
PA060605.jpg

i felt the mask was too wide, so i cut a slit in the side
PA050599.jpg

and attached it closer.
PA050600.jpg

I also began work with my favorite type of weathering, BATTLE DAMAGE!
so i took my trusty soldering iron to the foam.
PA070606.jpg

PA070607.jpg

PA070608.jpg

PA070609.jpg

PA070610.jpg

PA070611.jpg

PA070613.jpg

PA070614.jpg

some people have been curious with how i rigged the straps at the back, so for their benefit.
the silver thing on the strap is a safety pin, i will add a line or two of stitching, once i am satisfied with the entire vest.
PA070615.jpg

I like the weathering on the armor. How did you attach the straps to the foam?

The Veteran rangers are not from Arizona. they are from New California, joining NCR forces in Vegas at hoover dam after signing a unification treaty. The armor is prewar LAPD Riot armor.

Incredible but where did u buy the foam.Also do u think u could send me the templates cos I've already attempted the armour and gone horribly wrong.

Last edited:
I'm posting here as a Thank-You and Homage to Kommissar for all of the help that your posts have given my son in creating his own NCR Ranger suit

No way that he could have done it without referring constantly to your images

Thanks also to Hugh of the 405th for the pep files, they were a huge help in getting the skeleton of the mask laid out correctly-

NCRRangeratConBravo2012small.gif

thanks also to Convoke photography who did some excellent photo work at the Con
cheers!

Man, this is awesome. Very inspiring work. And very well done. I had a post apocalypse getup for a film I was going to make, but after seeing this I'm going to revise it some. Since it's an original film, I gotta make up something, but I believe I know what I'll base my outfit off of. :cool

Could you please send me the pepakura file for the helmet. You do not understand how long I have looked for the file, but 405th is down and has been for a while. I would appreciate it beyond the horizon if you could some how give me the pep file. Thank you so much. I love all of your builds, keep it up.

Could you please send me the pepakura file for the helmet. You do not understand how long I have looked for the file, but 405th is down and has been for a while. I would appreciate it beyond the horizon if you could some how give me the pep file. Thank you so much. I love all of your builds, keep it up. Email: connormwood@gmail.com

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back