Fallout series on Amazon

I finished the series and it was good.

Lucy was great. Good actress and a well-written character. Not the "mary sue" she gets criticism for and I do hope to see more of her. Made sense she was the main character despite the ghoul having a greater stake in the story since he is the audience surrogate (completely new to the Fallout world, not understanding how things work so the audience learns alongside her).

I did grow to like Maximus more as well. He really sucked at the beginning and I didnt know if he was naive, just incompetent, or power hungry. I do think his competency is also very unstable (he is at times very incompetent but also hyper competent) but he does keep the naive run head first into danger characteristic that he will likely grow out of as the story progresses. He does have an interesting moral dilemma but also seems too cowardly at times though.

The ghoul is great but an easy fan favorite. Basically a villain protagonist that turns into an anti-hero as the story progresses. The ghoul definitely carried the show.
Costumes and atmosphere were great and the last two episodes were really good, resulting in an interesting story. As a normie fan who doesnt really know much about Fallout, I enjoyed it.

However, there was one maybe plothole and one big issue I had with the series.
For the plothole, how effective are stimpaks really? They seem to be quite effective since Lucy was able to save herself from being stabbed in the gut in episode one and bounce back quickly and the ghoul saved the dog that seemed to be on the verge of death with a shot.

If that was the case, why wasnt the scientist who got his foot blown off given a stimpak? Im assuming Lucy had one and even if she didnt, there was one in the store since that was used to save the dog. The scientist could have really explained alot of the story had he not been so secretive.

While I enjoyed the show, it was way too slow in pacing. I felt episodes 2 to 6 were literal sidequests that didnt add anything to the story apart from a very very slow drip feed of the ghoul's backstory. While it was a cool reveal that the ghoul is vault boy and that his wife was the one who pushed for Vault-Tec to kickoff the war by dropping the bombs to ensure war, this could have been covered in two quick episodes to be honest. Also not sure how Moldaver survived and remained "young" given she wasnt a Vault-Tec employee so wasnt in their preservation chamber unless she had her own as a rich retired inventor. Given season 2 is confirmed, I do hope they pick up the pace of the story.

While not the most amazing show, I do look forward to season 2 and hope it improves.
I'm currently doing a run thru the New Vegas game (using the Viva New Vegas mod list and installation procedure, which is proving a lot of fun). I can answer your plot hole issues.

So, first, in the games, Stimpaks are pretty much exactly as shown on the screen, and it's one of the things I loved about the game. Essentially, you jab yourself with the Stimpak, and...presto, you're healed. Your HP goes up instantly by, like, 25 on the spot. Other items will see you restore HP over a few seconds at varying rates, depending on the item.

For the blown-apart foot, two things are necessary. Either you rest overnight to restore a wounded limb, or, if it's actually crippled, you need an item called a Doctor's Bag. Now, in the games, Doctor's Bags have never (as far as I know) also turned you into a ghoul, but to be fair, we're not entirely clear on how people wound up turning into ghouls in the first place, or if there's more than one method.

There are also basically three categories of ghouls: normal ghouls who are just sort of quasi-undead folks wandering around in various states of decay; feral ghouls who are like the former category but have lost their minds and basically become "fast zombies;" and Glowing Ones who are ghouls that are so irradiated that they literally glow and can also give you radiation poisoning if you hang around them or their corpses too long. I expect we'll see the latter next season at some point.

I'm currently doing a run thru the New Vegas game (using the Viva New Vegas mod list and installation procedure, which is proving a lot of fun). I can answer your plot hole issues.

So, first, in the games, Stimpaks are pretty much exactly as shown on the screen, and it's one of the things I loved about the game. Essentially, you jab yourself with the Stimpak, and...presto, you're healed. Your HP goes up instantly by, like, 25 on the spot. Other items will see you restore HP over a few seconds at varying rates, depending on the item.

For the blown-apart foot, two things are necessary. Either you rest overnight to restore a wounded limb, or, if it's actually crippled, you need an item called a Doctor's Bag. Now, in the games, Doctor's Bags have never (as far as I know) also turned you into a ghoul, but to be fair, we're not entirely clear on how people wound up turning into ghouls in the first place, or if there's more than one method.

There are also basically three categories of ghouls: normal ghouls who are just sort of quasi-undead folks wandering around in various states of decay; feral ghouls who are like the former category but have lost their minds and basically become "fast zombies;" and Glowing Ones who are ghouls that are so irradiated that they literally glow and can also give you radiation poisoning if you hang around them or their corpses too long. I expect we'll see the latter next season at some point.
Makes sense regarding the stimpaks. My plothole results from why didnt Lucy or the shopkeeper give the scientist who got his foot blown off by the ghoul a stimpak, especially since there was one in the store given the Ghoul later uses it on the dog to save it after stabbing it. The scientist was basically dead after have the prosthetic leg attached to him as he was steadily bleeding out. Given he seemed to be one fot eh last intelligent people with knowledge of the old world, his survival would have been very beneficial.

Yeah, additional research seems that the ghoulification process hasnt been revealed yet although exposure to high levels of radiation over a long period of time seems to be a big contributor as well as genetic disposition. There does seem to be a mental aspect between ghouls and going feral, especially given that ghouls live very long if they arnt killed in combat so such a long life must be stressful on the mind.

Yeah, Amazon did confirm a season 2 and it seems deathclaws will be making an appearance so there will likely be more types of enemies appearing. They possibly held back due to budget issues for season 1. As an aside, Im surprised the viewership was lower than Rings of Power despite being the superior show. Lord of the Rings does have a bigger name brand although so it may make sense.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back