Limited Run FINAL DAY March 31st- Men In Black 3 Shotgun

Re: $650 FINAL LOWEST PRICE- Men In Black 3 Shotgun-TAKING DEPOSITS

Bump. I still need 2 people for the kit to go

Maybe it would help to post the kit for sale as well with price in the description. I know you would
Want to do the full build, but I would think, people would definitely buy the kit, at such a good price.
I want a kit!!!! Lol!

Maybe it would help to post the kit for sale as well with price in the description. I know you would
Want to do the full build, but I would think, people would definitely buy the kit, at such a good price.
I want a kit!!!! Lol!
Yeah, just changed the title, let’s see if it grabs some attention, thanks!

Re: $200 KIT- FINAL LOWEST PRICE- Men In Black 3 Shotgun-TAKING DEPOSITS

Another bump, we are almost at mid March and the kit run will not happen unless I get the 4 interested!

Another bump, we are almost at mid March and the kit run will not happen unless I get the 4 interested!

Would me switching to a raw kit help get it done? Or is that counterproductive for you?

I feel like it’d be counter productive, as if you get the finished version and there are 4 interesting in the kit, it is enough to remold the gun, but if there are only 3 interested at the price of $200 for a kit it really isn’t enough to remold AND cast the kits (there are over 12 parts) and based off of the limited interest it doesn’t seem like there are many other people interested in this kit.

No matter what though I can produce finished ones with the current mold, but they require a whole lotta post work to get it ready for paint.

I really hope this makes sense.

Edit: to clarify why I need to remold it to make the kit, the original mold I made had some curing inhibition along the seam lines and in the registrations, which does not allow the two parts of the mold to sit properly together, it is still close enough that I am able to cast the parts, but I have to do intensive body work to get it paintable, and I would not want to produce a kit with a low standard, which in turn looks bad for me as a maker

I feel like it’d be counter productive, as if you get the finished version and there are 4 interesting in the kit, it is enough to remold the gun, but if there are only 3 interested at the price of $200 for a kit it really isn’t enough to remold AND cast the kits (there are over 12 parts) and based off of the limited interest it doesn’t seem like there are many other people interested in this kit.

No matter what though I can produce finished ones with the current mold, but they require a whole lotta post work to get it ready for paint.

I really hope this makes sense.

Yeah I think so. So basically you can’t use the current molds for kits as the pulls require too much work. But you’re happy to use the current molds for finished guns as you’ll do the clean up yourself. Correct?

I think a reason for people not jumping on this, is the paint
Process. Having said that, there are several paint alternatives To get the look, with just an airbrush. Chrome paints have Come a long way. But, I guess that's that! Would still like a kit Though.

I think a reason for people not jumping on this, is the paint
Process. Having said that, there are several paint alternatives To get the look, with just an airbrush. Chrome paints have Come a long way. But, I guess that's that! Would still like a kit Though.
That is how I painted it, using spaz stix through my airbrush and sealed with a water based varnish.

I have used Alclad 2, than future floor wax to seal it. Looks great

Also, Createx has come out with their own chrome paint, that is
Water based. Once you apply the gloss black, you than apply
The chrome (ready to spray). It supposed to hold up, without
A topcoat, but they say you can use a solvent based clear, and it
Will not turn it ugly gray. So there is stuff out there. The hardest part, would be to make
Sure your black is shiny a flawless.

Awesome! Only need 1 more to make this happen!!!

Bump one more person left; if all else fails, would you guys interested in the kit maybe be alright to do it at $260 each to take up the cost of the last person?

Yea, I would. I think everyone is scared of achieveing a nice chrome look. Which has really become a much easier process.
But, that's my opinion, what do I know!

Yea, I would. I think everyone is scared of achieveing a nice chrome look. Which has really become a much easier process.
But, that's my opinion, what do I know!

Yeah, it’s simple, but a time consuming process to get it looking pretty legit.

And only TWO days left to jump in!

Since Hirohawa hasn’t responded here about the price increase, I’ve sent her a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey guys, TODAY is the last day to jump in on this!

iif always available Definitely interested and will work on acquiring the funds and come back to you. for a kit :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back