Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

daredevil665 This is jaw droppingly amazing and astonishingly beautiful. Congrats you are a talented man. I have not been on here for a while so had to catch up but i loved the chrome look to start with and i am with you i really only love the original Giger Alien from the first film. The others were spoilt. Don't mess with perfection i say. As for the poses my favourite is the Museum pose it's simple but haunting like it's just waiting for you. Next to that huddles is my next choice.

Will it have the clearer dome or will it be black? I myself prefer the clearer dome so as to see the skull through.

daredevil665 This is jaw droppingly amazing and astonishingly beautiful. Congrats you are a talented man. I have not been on here for a while so had to catch up but i loved the chrome look to start with and i am with you i really only love the original Giger Alien from the first film. The others were spoilt. Don't mess with perfection i say. As for the poses my favourite is the Museum pose it's simple but haunting like it's just waiting for you. Next to that huddles is my next choice.

Will it have the clearer dome or will it be black? I myself prefer the clearer dome so as to see the skull through.

Hello Nial,
thanks for your vote. :)
Think exactly like you on the posture of "MUSEUM" "pose it's simple but haunting like it's just waiting for you." In fact, if I can, I will make two, one of which is certainly in the pose "MUSEUM".
Before making the sculpture just realized, I had thought of it in the pose "MUSEUM", but I let myself be influence from friends, asking me why doing so "no intention" and I found a compromise.

The dome will be like the original, which, if it is in the light, you can see, opaquely, the skull from the middle of the nose upward. I tried with the dome completely transparent, but it is as if there was not. Occasionally take it off to see the skull completely.

Thank you again.

P.S.
Vote people, vote! :) (SEE PREVIOUS PAGE)

Excellent work as usual :thumbsup
If I had to choose out of the 4 options you've offered, I'd choose Museum but only because I personally don't think the other 3 poses fully suit the original Giger Alien's grace... if that makes any sense? :unsure :)

Maybe I'm just being a bit too fussy?

Excellent work as usual :thumbsup
If I had to choose out of the 4 options you've offered, I'd choose Museum but only because I personally don't think the other 3 poses fully suit the original Giger Alien's grace... if that makes any sense? :unsure :)

Maybe I'm just being a bit too fussy?

Thanks Leigh,
I am in agreement with you. Each pose is like a frame that, rather than expressing an intention, it is as excluding all others. Therefore, I want to at least the "museum" pose. But each one wants to live a sensation based on the idea which has on this subject. The great, would build one that you can put in as many poses, to satisfy everyone, but it would be expensive to build it. In the joints, you should put something elastic to emulate the skin or leave an offset for scrolling, to avoid friction and breakage.

Currently this is the summary:
HUNTER = 4
MUSEUM = 2

thanks

P.S. Vote people, vote! (SEE PREVIOUS PAGE)

Last edited:

I'm a museum pose fan myself with the alien 1 creature. I love it's stoic statuesque quality.

daredevil665 You know it's fine to have the opinion of friends etc,it's always great to have as much input as possible but at the end of the day it's your baby and your own gut instinct should be your guide. Leigh hit the nail on the head about the pose. As for the dome you are going the best way i think. A totally transparent dome wouldn't be right. You are looking for something nightmarish but with subtle beauty and you'll have that i think. Great work.

I'm a museum pose fan myself with the alien 1 creature. I love it's stoic statuesque quality.

daredevil665 You know it's fine to have the opinion of friends etc,it's always great to have as much input as possible but at the end of the day it's your baby and your own gut instinct should be your guide. Leigh hit the nail on the head about the pose. As for the dome you are going the best way i think. A totally transparent dome wouldn't be right. You are looking for something nightmarish but with subtle beauty and you'll have that i think. Great work.

Thank you all for your participation. I'm planning on breaking up and the frame position "MUSEUM", which is what I want for myself, which takes up less space in width and depth. If it does not cost too much, I will mill fill volumes and me to place the coating will remain in the cellulose-based modeling paste which dries in air, and details such as pipes etc.. Maybe I will break down so many hours of labor (and effort) and related costs, in case I had to sell a few copies, but is yet to be calculated (royalties, taxes, transport packaging)

That was one of the other points i actually meant to make,space. I obviously don't know where you will display this beauty but in the museum pose he will look good in any room regardless of size. I think Giger would have been proud to see your hard work and efforts my friend.

Wow a realy amazing Model - my big respect fot this
atm i collect all about alien models (draws, pdos and and and) well my big dream ist build a model too for my home cinema.
But what i miss is a realy good reference like a 3d model or CAD Model.
So i a´sk here - is it possible to get this CAD Model here as download or everywhere?
I have tousends od pics and books but i think what realy help (for high details) is a CAD Model. I have seen this here and i guess its one of the best i ever see

That was one of the other points i actually meant to make,space. I obviously don't know where you will display this beauty but in the museum pose he will look good in any room regardless of size. I think Giger would have been proud to see your hard work and efforts my friend.

Wow a realy amazing Model - my big respect fot this
atm i collect all about alien models (draws, pdos and and and) well my big dream ist build a model too for my home cinema.
But what i miss is a realy good reference like a 3d model or CAD Model.
So i a´sk here - is it possible to get this CAD Model here as download or everywhere?
I have tousends od pics and books but i think what realy help (for high details) is a CAD Model. I have seen this here and i guess its one of the best i ever see

Hello,
Thanks for the compliments,
Nial, I would have the space to do so many things in lifesize. I want to make the alien a bit 'bigger, about 3 meters, which would be the most perfect fit and frightening, even if it would not be like the original, but I think if Ridley Scott had found a man so tall he would.

Catzenjaeger,
I can give you are all parallel views (without perspective distortion), so you can quote with CAD software, or print and measure. By matching the height that you want in all views, get all the other dimensions proportionate. As soon as I have time to shortly. ;)
Bye

P.S. Soon I will start a new thread of lifesize Alien, trying to be a little 'more technical than the last, because I saw that the real pleasure of those who come in envi site to see the works, is own to see the development and techniques.

Beautiful work! Inspiring.

Looking forward my friend.

so amazing, very pretty sculpt !
Thanks everyone, I'm back from vacation for a week. in the meantime I thought I'd replace arms,tail and lower jaw in new shapes and position,as exhibited in the Museum. that will make me tribulation,will surely be the tail, it is no longer a curve on a plane. then all the alien will be made a little more black. Colors are best seen in this photo of the original. I had kept clear for the phosphorescence, that now I do not care.
alien-1979-34-g.jpg
I'm liking this place more. The current arms,jaw and tail, will be hung on the wall like hunting trophies. and so I'll have to build even Predator. :)

IMAG1297.jpg

IMAG1298.jpg

See you soon.

Last edited:

I am sure we all understand you my friend. I can't wait to see the progress. Colour i think will look great. I love the pose of the original above.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back