Foundation Prime Radiant

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My replica of the prop that is central to the plot of the AppleTV+ Foundation series.
This is the Prime Radiant. Created by Hari Seldon, it contains all of his calculations and information on Psychohistory.
I scoured the series for good close ups and made this replica from laser cut and etched acrylic, a 3D modelled and printed, gold painted lattice that sits inside, set in place with clear resin.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially as I didn't have a degassing chamber for the resin.
Foundation Prime Radiant Replica.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't watch the series, but that is a beautiful prop. I love the design!
Thank you. If you can get AppleTV it is worth watching Foundation, it is a very good series, they film worldwide which gives verisimilitude to the feel of the different worlds in the galactic Empire.
Today would be a good day to start watching as the series 2 finale is released today, you could have a Foundation weekend.

Can you share the reference shots you used? I’ve been trying to make my own but I’ve been struggling with the tesseract/lattice stucture in the center.

Add me to your interest list as well! Beautiful work. I bought stl files and made four attempts at this prop. The results are too embarrassing to share but I really have an appreciation for the work that went into this.

My replica of the prop that is central to the plot of the AppleTV+ Foundation series.
This is the Prime Radiant. Created by Hari Seldon, it contains all of his calculations and information on Psychohistory.
I scoured the series for good close ups and made this replica from laser cut and etched acrylic, a 3D modelled and printed, gold painted lattice that sits inside, set in place with clear resin.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially as I didn't have a degassing chamber for the resin.
View attachment 1739679
Woah! What would you charge to make another?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back