Free 3D Print Prop Files

Yes please! I'm on the 405th and they have an extensive amount of files and links to Thingiverse parts users have made and it is so incredibly helpful. Similarly, they have a massive amount of foam/pepakura templates available free as well.

Perhaps someone should start a thread that has links to free 3D print files that are actually accurate. Most times, the stuff you can download for free is good enough for cosplay or printing toys for kids, but wouldn't stand up to the scrutiny of some members here. Some of the stuff I see on free sites has some obvious faults even to my inexperienced eye.

But the problem is, that a person (hard-core) who knows accuracy of props, is most likely probably going to source the same parts used in film, and not rely on 3D printing.

TazMan2000

I care about accuracy very much, but I prefer to 3D print for cost reasons.

But I agree with your point about accuracy in freely available 3D model downloads. I find myself checking several different versions before I will choose a model to download. Sometimes I even combine or modify them. So I like the idea of capturing the more accurate free/cheap models out there, because they do exist.

I care about accuracy very much, but I prefer to 3D print for cost reasons.

But I agree with your point about accuracy in freely available 3D model downloads. I find myself checking several different versions before I will choose a model to download. Sometimes I even combine or modify them. So I like the idea of capturing the more accurate free/cheap models out there, because they do exist.

I'm with you. Most of my stuff is fairly accurate, but I do have to admit, some of my props are "close enough".

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back