Deprecated FULL SIZE Alien Warrior head. (banned)

Re: FULL SIZE Alien Warrior head.

Class act, Marty. :thumbsup

For the record, very happy with my head. Perfectly well packed for a kit version and made it to Australia without trouble. For a painted buildup, I guess foam between the jaws would help. But I've had Weta props arrive with damage, so you just never know.

Anything left? I have a friend who may be interested in a kit.

Yeah, sure thing man. I'll pull one for your bud. Just let me know and I'll get on it. Im doing a full paintjob for Daniel right now but I can work between that.

Thanks again,
Marty

Since this is a resin cast and not latex, would this kit be suitable for costuming?

BTW, the casting looks absolutely clean, love it! Great job, dude :)

Since this is a resin cast and not latex, would this kit be suitable for costuming?

BTW, the casting looks absolutely clean, love it! Great job, dude :)

Thanks. And no, not if you want your head inside the alien head. It can be done if you hollow out the head to where the top of your head is about half way up inside the alien head, then use straps under the chin so it effectively becomes a helmet.

Actually, every costume ive seen has the wearer's head in the neck. So yeah this could be used as a costume piece.

Gareth?s Alien Costume » Head

Happy New Years!

A shot of the head on my bench right now, about 3/4 done. This one was actually custom with lots of deep blues and bright silver highlights. Crappy pic, but this is a fairly dynamic paintjob.

DSC02457_zpse2c0f230.jpg

Just an update to that paintjob on the bench...one of the best Ive ever done I do believe!

DSC02482.jpg

Wow is all I can say.

Hoyl shi$##!!!!!!my god in heaven that is incredible, also comes to mind.

I really hope my life turns around soon. I really need to do some business with you.

Hey Jameth, I'd love to do one for you! Its always great to put these in the hands of the people who really appreciate and enjoy them.

And yeah, things are rough out there for everyone. Im training for a third job right now (just got home actually), and now its off to cut firewood, then work on a mask for another member. This head will be shipped in a few days so there will be room on the bench once more.

Oh and the Terminator arm...my whole weekend is reserved for that lol. Ah life, I really feel like I should be rich by now:)

have paid for the last one of these, but marty seems to have gone off the radar since. has anyone had contact from him, i have tried pm's and emails.

atb
jay

I'm starting to worry too. Last he said he was feeling pretty sick. I'm gonna wait a few more days and then snail-mail him since that's the only contact info I have.

I'm starting to worry too. Last he said he was feeling pretty sick. I'm gonna wait a few more days and then snail-mail him since that's the only contact info I have.

Hey Clutch, yep it turned out to be pretty bad unfortunately. Undiagnosed mononucleosis. I'll start by saying IM BACK IN ACTION NOW:).

But I spent 3 days in the hospital and spent 3 weeks in a fetal position at home. I was given Seroquel to knock me out and ended up having a bad reaction to it and spent getting even worse, eventually passing out randomly throughout the day. Its a whole hellish story that I wont delve into right here but feel free to PM me for details. The short story is that I was in a fetal position while the virus raged in my body causing throat and and inner ear infections which made nearly everything impossible.

I can verify all this of course, but my real fear is that me "vanishing" like this has damaged my reputation. I can only imagine how crappy it feels to send someone money to do a project for you only to have them suddenly vanish with your cash.

Im strong enough to work again and am doing to feverish to make up for the lost time. IN the past two days I pulled the first of the new and improved POLYSTONE alien heads for Jay, and attached the tendons and and put the finishing touches on Daniels head (pictured above). These two need to be finished ASAP and shipped, should take 24hrs at the pace im working at.

Next is the CNC conversion for the lathe to honor an agreement o make brass flshlights for another member. Yes, I spent $500 on parts to make $25 brass flashlights for one of our members, hoping it will be useful in the future for mechanical props and the Terminator arm as well.

If you (understandably) would like some verification of these events, please feel free to email me! martysmth79@gmail.com

One thing I truly admire about this community is the kindness of strangers. There's lots of trust involved with sending often hundreds of dollars to people you've never really met. The fact it works at all gives me faith in humanity and our ability to trust one another as a community of individuals of similar interests.

My health issues were catastrophic and nearly deadly. Through it all I worried that after serving members of this forum and building their trust over the years, that I may have lost all trust I spent years building up.

All I can say is that im out of bed now and working night and day to make up for the time lost.

Last edited:

Hey Clutch, yep it turned out to be pretty bad unfortunately. Undiagnosed mononucleosis. I'll start by saying IM BACK IN ACTION NOW:).

But I spent 3 days in the hospital and spent 3 weeks in a fetal position at home. I was given Seroquel to knock me out and ended up having a bad reaction to it and spent getting even worse, eventually passing out randomly throughout the day. Its a whole hellish story that I wont delve into right here but feel free to PM me for details. The short story is that I was in a fetal position while the virus raged in my body causing throat and and inner ear infections which made nearly everything impossible.

I can verify all this of course, but my real fear is that me "vanishing" like this has damaged my reputation. I can only imagine how crappy it feels to send someone money to do a project for you only to have them suddenly vanish with your cash.

Im strong enough to work again and am doing to feverish to make up for the lost time. IN the past two days I pulled the fists of the new and improved POLYSTONE alien heads for Jay, and attached the tendons and and put the finishing touches on Daniels head (pictured above). These two need to be finished ASAP and shipped, should take 24hrs at the pace im working at.

Next is the CNC conversion for the lathe to honor an agreement o make brass flshlights for another member. Yes, I spent $500 on parts to make $25 brass flashlights for one of our members, hoping it will be useful in the future for mechanical props and the Terminator arm as well.

If you (understandably) would like some verification of these events, please feel free to email me! martysmth79@gmail.com

One thing I truly admire about this community is the kindness of strangers. There's lots of trust involved with sending often hundreds of dollars to people you've never really met. The fact it works at all gives me faith in humanity and out ability to trust one another as a community of individuals of similar interests.

My health issues were catastrophic and nearly deadly. Through it all I worried that after serving members of this forum and building their trust over the years, that I may have lost all trust I spent years building up.

All I can say is that im out of bed now and working night and day to make up for the time lost.

Well I'm glad your still alive and back. Who else is going to make my Alien 1/1 head and Terminator arm. Plus ya know,..I'm glad your living for you loved ones and,..ya know,..all that.

I don't think you have to worry about your rep. Real life often gets in the way here. People understand.

Again very happy to here you are better.

Things may finally be starting to turn around for me. I need to sell some stuff to raise some unexpected funds but it's for a good thing. A very nice house we can rent cheap for many years. Big break and help. Soon I'll have a proper mancave and can get back or replace some of the stuff I am having to sell.

Hopefully some time this year we can do the Endo arm and Alien head.

Glad your back.

Last edited:

Bro,
You did an AMAZING job on this!!
I have a casting off an original, just wanted to share the reference if anyone wanted it. The bottom jaw had a rib to it. Looks like dryer tubing, or something close.
The material was probably thicker than this is now. Ill restore mine eventually.
The foam was in bad shape when it was molded.

Check it out:

jaw2.jpg

jawlc.jpg

Marty - very glad to hear you're recovering. Don't push yourself too hard, you don't want to relapse.

Frank, thanks for that! Very handy - I was just about to sculpt up a throat for mine!

Brundlefly- That is awesome! Can we take a look at the teeth? Looks super heavy duty!

Nwerke- Thanks man, very much appreciated. The customers who's projects I was working on have been very understanding and for each Ive figured out a way to add a "bonus" to their purchase since they had to put up with a delay that was no fault of their own.

Jay is getting the VERY FIRST POLYSTONE alien head since I didnt even have his cast when my health issues hit. Its truely a sight to behold. I'll probably offer this version for those who would like one, though it would cost more since its an all-day affair to get it cast. I'll ask him if its OK to post pics of his head on here to show what it looks like.

And again, thank you everyone for your support through this:)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back