Interest Fully Custom 3d Printed Iron Man hand kits

drumguy560

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all, about done getting the 3d model for these done...

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

As you can see from the pictures, the backplate is on a hinge that is built into the file. In addition, the repulsor is printed separately to allow it to be printed in white or clear.

So here is the idea...

the purchaser would send me his/her measurements of each link of each digit of their finger from side to side, in addition to the palm's measurements from side to side (x axis), front to back (thickness), and height. Then I would import your measurements into my modeling program and adjust it to your exact measurements. This means the hand would fit you perfectly the FIRST time, and fit like well, a glove.

The kit would be the raw 3d printed pieces, some rare earth magnets to latch the backplate firmly, and some elastic strips to connect the fingers together and to the main body of the hand.

I'll be getting these printed within the next few days after the modeling is finalized.

Thinking about a price of 200$ for a kit for 2 hands. How does that sound?

Thanks guys!

Hey all, started printing one of these sized for me last night and woke up to a nice print!

IMG_5017.JPGIMG_5018.JPG

This thing is scaled literally perfectly for me! VERY tight fit, which should look awesome for proportion's sake!

Anyones interested peaked? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note - Would anyone be interested in a fully sanded and primed set for 100$ more? There isn't a whole lot of clean up to be done, but as it is a 3d print from an FDM machine, it does require some.

Here are some pics of the fingers. The file still needs some work, and my printer acted a little funny during the print (my fault), but for a first iteration they are pretty good! I'll post an updated picture soon when I get the small problems sorted out.

Thanks for staying interested!IMG_5065.JPGIMG_5066.JPGIMG_5067.JPG

How does the glove handle the increase in size as you close your fingers? I know that with my last set of IM gloves as I close my fingers into a fist, the knuckles raise and require the front of the glove to open a little to accommodate when the hand is completely locked in.

dday - The hang closes pretty comfortably. I need to raise the parts between the knuckles a bit to allow the knuckles to fully come through the hand. As of now you can make about a 75% fist with them, but after I fix the file, you'll be able to clench a fist as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
@dday - The hang closes pretty comfortably. I need to raise the parts between the knuckles a bit to allow the knuckles to fully come through the hand. As of now you can make about a 75% fist with them, but after I fix the file, you'll be able to clench a fist as normal.

Awesome! For a customized fitting IM glove 3d printed... it's a great price IMO, and right in line with the other offerings.

interested, a question what do people use for the inside of the hands just a stander ed glove of some sort?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back