Good Place to buy Styrene Sheets?

itsalive

Where is a good place online to buy very thin white colored styrene sheets? Also what if you were to use a heated tool to shape wax that rests on its surface. Would there be any possible health hazards from the small amount of heat the surface might endure/experience?

I've bought lots of plastic from Industrial Plastic Supply in Anaheim, CA. They offer several size/quantity choices, from 12" x 12" for .020 to 24" x 48" for .25

Free shipping on orders over $120. great to deal with.

/B

Are they cheaper than Plastruct? I usually get stuff from them.

BTW, for really thin sheets, go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy For Sale signs.

Yes. You can buy 2 feet x 6 feet sheets from 0.05" of an inch to 1/4" of an inch thicknesses. This is what you really want if you're going to buy for a lot of scratch building. These can be bought for a fraction of what would normally cost hundreds of dollars from evergreen,and plastruct! These start at $5.00 incrementally on up depending on thickness. The thicker the sheet,the more it costs. These are all 2 feet wide x six feet long.

Most Plastic Suppliers will have a Scrap-Room. I bought a 4x8 sheet of super-thin styrene - that had a damaged corner. The Great thing is Everything in the Scrap-roon sells for $2 per lb. The full sheet weighed about 2 or 3 lbs.

Do you have any local plastics suppliers or signwriting businesses? If so you can usually pick up 8'x4' styrene sheets in a bunch of thicknesses right there.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back