Guess the Project - REVEALED: Medieval Land Fun-Time (GoT Related)

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This one might be a little obscure, but it's still related to a major fandom, so I thought I'd have a little fun and see who can guess what I'm working on as a fun side project.

Here's a picture of it where it stands now:

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 5.56.37 PM.png

I'll be giving clues if no one can get it or if you guys want. The one thing I'll say to help give a sense of scale is that it is designed to be 24x36 inches.

Now guess away!

-Nick

Last edited:
Re: Guess the Project...Go on! Do it! You Know you Want to.

It would be the world's largest library card...it's poster sized. :lol

...thought that could make an interesting prop too.

It's tangentially related to a HUGE fandom that is currently active. (Media is still being created for it)

-Nick

Would it help to see the font I'm replicating? (Since I can't quite figure out what the original font is)

This is just part of the title I've created letters for so far. Again, this is related to a major fandom, but is VERY tangential. (That's what makes it a good challenge)

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 12.33.55 AM.png

Any more guesses after that?

-Nick

That was enough letters to figure it out "land fun-time" as the middle words, and some googling gives us: Medieval Land Fun-Time World... which I had never heard of before this.

WOW! You have excellent Google-fu! Well done! Seriously.

You nailed it, I'm making the poster for Bad Lip Reading's bad lip reading of Game of Thrones that he calls, "Medieval Land Fun-Time World."

He said he's never going to be offering posters but gave out a few as a prize...so why should those people be so lucky? I want a poster too, dammit. So that's my current side project. It;s going to take me a while as I track down all the original screenshots used on the poster in HD, but it'll be worth it in the end. (Plus I get to watch Game of Thrones more and that's never a bad thing)

Again, SigsegV, way to go with your epic Googling skills!

-Nick

Thanks. I might check the bad lip reading out if I ever get around to watching Game of Thrones, but I'm putting that off until after I read A Dance with Dragons. And I'm putting that off until I re-read all the other books first. And I'm putting that off because those books are great, but they're depressing as hell.

I have yet to start the books, mostly because I'm invested in the show and don't want to spoil anything for myself, plus I want to enjoy them as separate entities and want to be able to come up with my own idea of what the book characters look like and how they act without letting the show get in the way. But I WILL read them at some point.

Anywho, quick update on my progress. I completely restarted the text since my first approximation was not close enough, so all of the letters have been completely redrawn. I've also temped in the tagline with a font that's close enough for the time being. I might just need to customize the apostrophes to get it close enough for my taste. And I've put the BLR (Bad Lip Reading) logo and PG-13 Rating at the bottom. It's coming along slowly but surely.

Here's where it is now:

Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 4.49.30 PM.png

And here it is with the original poster overlaid to show what still needs to be done:

Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 4.49.46 PM.png

...if anyone happens to know what episodes any of those character screenshots are from, I'd appreciate it as it will help save me some time going back over things.

-Nick

I loved, loved, loved this video. I'd be happy to help try and locate the screenshots these came from. I'll start tearing through episodes this week if you're still working on the project.

I loved, loved, loved this video. I'd be happy to help try and locate the screenshots these came from. I'll start tearing through episodes this week if you're still working on the project.

Took a break from it, but with the new season of GoT only a little over 2 months away, and the fact that I'm (finally) going to start on A Song of Ice and Fire, I will be returning to this in the next few weeks.

...but first I need to finish up my dragon eggs. (I need fewer projects :lol)

So I appreciate any help you can give me.

-Nick

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back