Guitar related paper prop

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I would like to offer these up for sale in the guitar community. Lots of Fender relics being made, and I would like to offer a paper receipt from the old Fender distributor now long gone.

Is this possible? Here is a copy of an original receipt:

7332k.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, but isn't this taking the "relic" thing a little far? I mean, I'm all for relic guitars, but to the point of having a fake receipt for it?

Yeah, but isn't this taking the "relic" thing a little far? I mean, I'm all for relic guitars, but to the point of having a fake receipt for it?

Not in that community. Their mindset isn't really any different than ours.

They're even re stuffing old paper/wax capacitors for the authentic look, which people will NEVER see unless you take the guitar apart.

Not in that community. Their mindset isn't really any different than ours.

They're even re stuffing old paper/wax capacitors for the authentic look, which people will NEVER see unless you take the guitar apart.

Oh, I'm a part of that community too, I post regularly on the Fender Discussion Page, more regularly there than here as a matter of fact.

The thing that worries me is that if they have "replica" receipts, what's to stop them from trying to re-sell it is a legit vintage guitar?

Oh, I'm a part of that community too, I post regularly on the Fender Discussion Page, more regularly there than here as a matter of fact.

The thing that worries me is that if they have "replica" receipts, what's to stop them from trying to re-sell it is a legit vintage guitar?

That doesn't happen anymore. You just can't pass off a clone to a trained eye. They used to pop up all the time on Ebay, but the pros pick them out pretty quick and shut the auctions down.

Plus, the newer parts, especially the necks have "Fender" burned into the wood.

I am sure even a receipt wouldn't fool a trained eye. Those guys are as sharp as the guys here who can see the difference between Vader helmets.

I doubt anyone could replicate that receipt to where it would look realistic enough to fool anyone, but it would be cool for those with relics to have sitting in their case.

Also, famed relic creator Ron Kirn obtained the same stamping machine that Leo Fender used and is offering four digit serial number stamps on Fender reissue bridges. Now those would be hard to tell from a vintage guitar.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back