Han Solo ANH Blaster From RIA, Prev on Pawn Stars

Having a gun in inventory is no proof of being used or even available for the production. They have offered NO public proof of this and I would be amazed if any photo they could have could possibly show it. They would literarily need to have a photo of BOTH blasters together on set that show the PS SN to prove the PS is 1 of 2.
No disagreement on their blatant lack of proof. My only point is that that unfortunately doesn't mean that we can absolutely disprove all of their claims. Perhaps we can regarding the Naked Runner screen-use claim - that would just be a matter of showing that every appearance throughout the film is inconsistent with this gun. But as long as we can't state for an absolute fact that the gun cannot possibly have been dressed as a DL-44 and on the ANH set, RIA seems to be left with an out (at least by the depressingly-low standard that auction houses are apparently held to in this market).

Just a minor check - why would a hypothetical photo need to show multiple blasters together? Wouldn't a solitary shot of the PS gun be sufficient so long as the gun was dressed, the gun was unmistakably identifiable, and the background was identifiable as the ANH set?

[Edit: I notice you're referencing 1 of 2... has the claim changed from 1 of 3?]

Last edited:
Yes the solitary image would be sufficient if as you described.

I guess my point was doubting such a hi res image was even possible at that time and that seeing both props at the same time would prove the 2 prop gun claim. But not that the PS was it.

But if it showed the PS Sn and was dressed and on set then yes.

I am not sure I am aware of the NR speculation of 2 prop guns. Any proof available.? The images I have seen look pretty similar. Can’t remember any inconsistencies at the moment.

I am not sure I am aware of the NR speculation of 2 prop guns. Any proof available.? The images I have seen look pretty similar. Can’t remember any inconsistencies at the moment.
I personally can't speak much to The Naked Runner; I haven't studied it like you guys have. I was just referring to the fact that RIA's claim in their YouTube video that the PS C96 "had seen previous screen time in the hands of Frank Sinatra in his film The Naked Runner" could be disproven since the entire film is available to review. I guess between the fact that RIA never produced any evidence for this claim even when requested (they just forwarded me to Tony's letter), and the fact that I never noticed anyone on here identify a match to any screen use (NR or otherwise), I had assumed that this claim was probably as empty as the rest.

So are you saying the PS gun legitimately may be the NR gun, or am I misunderstanding?

I personally can't speak much to The Naked Runner; I haven't studied it like you guys have. I was just referring to the fact that RIA's claim in their YouTube video that the PS C96 "had seen previous screen time in the hands of Frank Sinatra in his film The Naked Runner" could be disproven since the entire film is available to review. I guess between the fact that RIA never produced any evidence for this claim even when requested (they just forwarded me to Tony's letter), and the fact that I never noticed anyone on here identify a match to any screen use (NR or otherwise), I had assumed that this claim was probably as empty as the rest.

So are you saying the PS gun legitimately may be the NR gun, or am I misunderstanding?
No. The PS is not the NR.

The ANH HERO doesn't match the NR as it appears on screen.

There was talk of a possible second gun used in NR but I think that was speculation.

I had compared the NR to the HERO and PS and both upper and lower are different "looking"

The NR barrel bevels and also rails are completely different to the HERO among other details. The NR barrel has the barrel lock while the Sweeney and H&R do not it seems.

There is the possibility that the NR barrel was replaced and the upper altered by some filing to diminish the rail flutes especially on the left side.
The SN, although not legible on the NR, sweeps upward (front to back) while the HERO sweeps downward. Not 100% positively clear but seems so from the low res screen caps we have.

The safety is different and the H&R ugly machine marks on the lower are not visible.

But there are some details that match too. The rear sight pivot pin ears match in a small way. The right side ear is flattened on both while the left is rounded. Not conclusive by any measure but something to note.

The NR gun has never been seen again so it could have been altered to Sweeney/H&R since the case and scope are the same.
It is possible that the NR was dumped due to the 7.63 chambering in favor of the 9mm chambering Tony suggested the PS had. We really don't have any proof of the HERO chambering. The rear sight supposedly has 1000yd for 7.63 and 800yd for 9mm but can be easily swapped and apparently not a reliable clue.

The NR gun is seen pressing a clip of 7.63 blanks into the mag well. Could be a film thing but the mag would need to hold the rounds it would fire and cycle?

Questions questions.

The NR gun is seen pressing a clip of 7.63 blanks into the mag well. Could be a film thing but the mag would need to hold the rounds it would fire and cycle?

For the most part, my role in this discussion has been to keep quiet and let those who know what they speak of, speak. And it's been very informative, I really appreciate everything that's said here. This discussion might not have any probative value in a court, but it's very, very helpful for fans and collectors.

Anyway, I'm just popping in because I'm pretty sure 7.63mm Mauser is the same thing as 7.63mm Parabellum, and the 9mm Parabellum case is just a straight-walled 7.63mm Parabellum case. Is it not?

So I can't think of any reason why 7.63mm Parabellum rounds wouldn't fit in the magazine, at least. And the extractor and such ought work as well.
A real bullet probably wouldn't have enough gas pressure to have any range, and the windage would mean it would be hideously inaccurate, but the blank won't care about a good gas seal in the chamber - the weapon's depending on the restrictor to have enough pressure to cycle in any event - and so it also seems probable to me that a 7.63mm blank would work in a 9mm weapon.

For the most part, my role in this discussion has been to keep quiet and let those who know what they speak of, speak. And it's been very informative, I really appreciate everything that's said here. This discussion might not have any probative value in a court, but it's very, very helpful for fans and collectors.

Anyway, I'm just popping in because I'm pretty sure 7.63mm Mauser is the same thing as 7.63mm Parabellum, and the 9mm Parabellum case is just a straight-walled 7.63mm Parabellum case. Is it not?

So I can't think of any reason why 7.63mm Parabellum rounds wouldn't fit in the magazine, at least. And the extractor and such ought work as well.
A real bullet probably wouldn't have enough gas pressure to have any range, and the windage would mean it would be hideously inaccurate, but the blank won't care about a good gas seal in the chamber - the weapon's depending on the restrictor to have enough pressure to cycle in any event - and so it also seems probable to me that a 7.63mm blank would work in a 9mm weapon.
Yes, 9mm is essentially a 7.63 blown out to almost a straight wall case. OAL of 9mm is 29.69mm, for 7.63 it is 34.88. However that measurement includes the bullet. A normal 7.63 case is 25.15mm, so as long as the blank crimp doesn't add more than about 4mm it would work.

Thanks for the input!
Yes. the case is essentially a necked down 9mm. My question was really if it is practical to rechamber the barrel to allow the neck to seat or simply use 7.63 blanks?

Just for S&G-

I guess the c96 will actually feed and fire a 9mm thru a 7.63 gun! Dangerous! But amazing.

So maybe the 9mm blank case will feed in a 7.63 chamber?

Carl could answer all.!

No. The PS is not the NR.
My misunderstanding; thanks for the NR rundown.

I’m clearly just distracted by my impending firestorm. Every time the doorbell sounds, I nervously peer through the peephole expecting white gloves, and red shorts… and those ever-so-large ears. Every time I pick up the phone, I fear I will be greeted with those two menacing words: “huh ha!

Why, oh WHY, did I ever release – even with watermarks OR blurring OR cropping OR maybe, just maybe, restriction to a super-small, select group of trustworthy independent individuals who might then be able to vouch on my behalf to the general public – a single 46-year-old photograph in my own private possession from a movie made 36 years before Disney’s acquisition of the franchise with many thousands of similar photos already online and any realistic penalty surely paling in comparison to the immense added value to the sale?

What was I THINKING??!?!!!

He’s coming for you Tommy.!

M I C. See you next week. ; )

K E Y. Why. Because you effed up.

L O U S E.

1662588824209.gif

AFAIK the parabellum was just a nickname coined by the inventor, so yes they should be interchangeable if the ammo is the same caliber. And I agree that either 7.63 or 9mm should be able to fit in the gun via stripper clip regardless of the barrel bore but ultimately would depend on the barrel chamber shape relative to the blank's case shape. To Kpax's question, I believe if 7.63 blanks were being inserted into the gun, it was most likely a 7.63 chambered broomhandle. Occam's razor.

Also a note on the lugs, I think if the proper solder and soldering method is used, the lug bond to the frame would be very strong and able to withstand a considerable amount of abuse. Decades ago I was playing with Sterling SMG part kits and was surprised to find they were all silver soldered. Mind blown.

The Naked Runner's C96's serial numbers are tough to make out, though in the very best footage I was able to find of the movie the numbers can at least be seen to some degree.

Naked Runner Serial Number.png

When I study the footage frame by frame the last numbers "seem" to be 2 and 4, although anything more than that would likely require that mythical television "CSI image enhancement software" that they always use to pull details out of thin air.

bapty serial number.jpg

Certainly at least it's not the Hero's upper!

Last edited:
The Naked Runner's C96's serial numbers are tough to make out, though in the very best footage I was able to find of the movie the numbers can at least be seen to some degree.

When I study the footage frame by frame the last numbers "seem" to be 2 and 4, although anything more than that would likely require that mythical television "CSI image enhancement software" that they always use to pull details out of thin air.

"Enhance 34 to 46."

NR enhance.jpg

Last edited:
Also, the numbers are stamped in a random orientation. If the barrel bevels weren't enough, the Hero has a number close to the break, with the first digit set higher. The NR has 4, centered and raising as it goes back

..they even threw a real vs. fiction comparison in there, suggesting the Mauser C96 was possibly even inspired by the DL-44 over 7 decades later than the base firearm was created..:lol:

-Carson

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back