Limited Run Hand-Schaub's 2014 Bronze Cast fertility idol run - Indianna Jones

Wish there was. Contacted them twice - once saying they are running behind on getting set up and more recently no response at all. I am now looking for alternate sources to cast these but not entirely giving up on the local source.

Here are some official e-mails so everybody is in the
loop:

Thank you. I just have some anxious customers is all.

Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:24:47 -0700
Subject:
Re: Will the foundry open again?
To: schaub-art@hotmail.com
CC:
kbfrostad@comcast.net

Brian,
I
know it feels like forever - I am supposed to meet with Ronnie next week.
Permits got stuck in process but I'm sure we are well on our way to having the
build out completed. I will know more next week. We will be sending out notices.
I would guess we will be open near the end of November or before. I am copying
Ronnie on this email so she is in the loop.
IndySmile.gif

Thanks for your
patience.
Cherie

Thanks for the update. The wait is beyond your control, and I appreciate you keeping us in the loop--another month for them to open isn't so bad.

I'm pleased to have snuck in on this run. My Indy collection was screaming for a good idol.

PM responded to... I hope.

Waxes will be leaving me soon! Yay. At very least we can start the gating process and investment. The permits for the metal casting is what is the hold up... but at very least we can get them ready to go soon.

Sorry once again for the delay. I finally had a good conversation with the foundry owner and she explained all the permit hick ups and all that (Califonria laws are pretty stupid sometimes and anybody who lives here could back me up on that). But long story short is I'll be taking the waxes in early January and they will be first in line for metal cating once the furnaces are ready to go. I feel really bad about the timing with these - just a bit of bad luck for all of us. But 2015 will be the year ! :)

hank you all for your support! My only promise is that these WILL be complete this year!!
IndySmile.gif
I'll
look into providing an something "extra" for all your patience!

Finally a decent update! Waxes are being delivered! We will have metal and possibly some finished products in about 5 weeks! I will post pictures when the delivery to the foundry is official

Hey all - just wanted to confirm that I did indeed deliver waxes to the foundry and put a deposit in for the work. So the project is back on track. Of course the foundry work usually takes a while but at least it is in the next steps. Not too long now!

As stated above I do have one extra spot if anybody is interested. Please see first post for instructions

Foundry is SLOW! They are pushing along the waxes but can't do the next step (investment) until stupid permits are cleared. Anybody who lives or knows about building businesses (or anything) in California can relate.

For those who don't want to ready the entire thread, the foundry I usually work with changed locations and is building a new foundry, so we got caught in the worst possible part of the transition where we were the last to get "in" at the old place but not soon enough to get work done. Now with the new foundry we are "first" in line but that line is slow moving because the are literally building the foundry around the casting process. The answer I always get is "By the end of the month we should be moving along" and yes... that month keeps repeating.

So just as a super promise... I promise that these will get done! They will be awesome!

Put a call into the foundry to see what's up. Waiting to hear back from them. They have my idol as a sample so I'm waiting like the rest of us here...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back