Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

I have all the movies, and I've seen them all repeatedly. They just really don't interest me at all. And my time is completely restrained with the amount of things going on in my life. I'm posting this here now because her birthday is in July, and thats about how long it's going to take me to get stuff done. Lol. I run a very tight schedule. Thank you for the help though.

Totally fair, I hear ya. In that case, if I were in your shoes, I would absolutely find a good wiki where I can refresh my memory on the plot points of each movie, and take some notes with ideas as I read and play them back in my head. I would try to zero in on gaps in her collection.

We could find you a list of all Harry Potter props, but there are hundreds and hundreds, and I'm not sure it would be all that helpful. But, off the top of my head, here is a short list of props from just the first movie:
  • Hagrid's umbrella
  • Harry's Hogwarts letter
  • schoolbooks
  • Platform 9-3/4 sign
  • Hogwarts Express train ticket
  • chocolate frog & box
  • every-flavor beans & box
  • feather (suspend in mid-air)
  • unicorn blood
  • self-playing harp or lute
  • key with busted wings
  • Queen chess piece
  • Quirrell's turban (on a wig head)
  • the "Stone"
Those items above came to me because I simply read this page and refreshed my memory:

There are so many more in just that one movie...Ron's scarf? Harry's sweater?

And then I would be Googling for screenshots and prop auctions for reference.

Hope that's more helpful!

Bill

Totally fair, I hear ya. In that case, if I were in your shoes, I would absolutely find a good wiki where I can refresh my memory on the plot points of each movie, and take some notes with ideas as I read and play them back in my head. I would try to zero in on gaps in her collection.

We could find you a list of all Harry Potter props, but there are hundreds and hundreds, and I'm not sure it would be all that helpful. But, off the top of my head, here is a short list of props from just the first movie:
  • Hagrid's umbrella
  • Harry's Hogwarts letter
  • schoolbooks
  • Platform 9-3/4 sign
  • Hogwarts Express train ticket
  • chocolate frog & box
  • every-flavor beans & box
  • feather (suspend in mid-air)
  • unicorn blood
  • self-playing harp or lute
  • key with busted wings
  • Queen chess piece
  • Quirrell's turban (on a wig head)
  • the "Stone"
Those items above came to me because I simply read this page and refreshed my memory:

There are so many more in just that one movie...Ron's scarf? Harry's sweater?

And then I would be Googling for screenshots and prop auctions for reference.

Hope that's more helpful!

Bill
I'm currently going through every page on this forum. But at 635 pages it's going to take forever. Especially since nothing i find looks familiar to me. Lol. Thanks again. Maybe I'll make pieces individually and hide them in her room for her to find. Lol. She had me install the cloud / magical ceiling and floating candles last weekend from the hogwarts dining hall. That alone took me almost 2 days.

I'm currently going through every page on this forum. But at 635 pages it's going to take forever. Especially since nothing i find looks familiar to me. Lol. Thanks again. Maybe I'll make pieces individually and hide them in her room for her to find. Lol. She had me install the cloud / magical ceiling and floating candles last weekend from the hogwarts dining hall. That alone took me almost 2 days.

Wow! Serious room there! Would you mind sharing some pictures of the room and collection? I'm a HP fan; I can probably make some more targeted suggestions if I see what y'all have and how it's laid out.

Second question: Do you do any 3D printing?

Third question: Are you talking about wanting to make PAPER props only, or all kids of props?

Wow! Serious room there! Would you mind sharing some pictures of the room and collection? I'm a HP fan; I can probably make some more targeted suggestions if I see what y'all have and how it's laid out.

Third question: Are you talking about wanting to make PAPER props only, or all kids of props?
Haven't gotten in to 3D printing yet but maybe this year. Paper mostly. I can make all types of things just not 3D printable stuff.

Attachments

• 17062123218915001045021054967983.jpg
    17062123218915001045021054967983.jpg
    1,001 KB · Views: 27
  • 17062123510058525740311211763832.jpg
    17062123510058525740311211763832.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • 17062123899442681747570159126282.jpg
    17062123899442681747570159126282.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • 17062124184135907069596532832783.jpg
    17062124184135907069596532832783.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 17062124479256367220744081265868.jpg
    17062124479256367220744081265868.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 17062124763467302272704977549391.jpg
    17062124763467302272704977549391.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 1706212498420782371071814199920.jpg
    1706212498420782371071814199920.jpg
    915.3 KB · Views: 26

I'd prefer to have some more Authentic stuff that you can't buy. Prince poster is being removed. Lol. I would think this should resembles a study thats collected tons of items over the years, and it should be packed full and cluttered to an extent. Plus a few of the walls are a little bare, and the last pic those 2 cheap posters need to go also.

Attachments

• 20240125_145829.mp4
    59.5 MB

I did see pictures of Alvis Dumbeldores last will and testament. That thing looks cool as hell to make. I need to find printable pictures to make that. Lol. I know she wants the proclamation picture frames.

Thanks so much for the pics! What an awesome room! And thanks for the extra context, it really helps.

The walls in Hogwarts are literally COVERED in moving paintings. You might consider choosing one wall and putting up a bunch of old-timey style framed poster art. And maybe with a little wiring and cleverness (see above Sirius post or PM me), one or two could be animated.

Secondly, the Hogwarts acceptance letter is probably the #1 paper prop, and the Sirius Black poster is probably the #2 out there. Figuring out animation of the latter would be awesome, depending on how large and frame you want to get! Tri-Wizard tournament announcement too, I think.

Various wanted posters and Ministry proclamation posts are out there, but more obscure, IMO.

I will think about further ideas!

Last edited:
This is an example of what I meant about walls covered in paintings. It's a mishmash of frames and styles, and they're not all flat to the wall's surface! Maybe room for wiring behind some?
1706213905228.png 1706213991096.png 1706214379685.png 1706214461614.png

Notice the intermittent lanterns as well. Adds to the illusion of height, as does the fact that most of the paintings are portrait orientation. Make the pictures smaller as you go higher up. Slightly smaller lanterns higher up might add to the effect too.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the pics! What an awesome room! And thanks for the extra context, it really helps.

The walls in Hogwarts are literally COVERED in moving paintings. You might consider choosing one wall and putting up a bunch of old-timey style framed poster art. And maybe with a little wiring and cleverness (see above Sirius post or PM me), one or two could be animated.

Secondly, the Hogwarts acceptance letter is probably the #1 paper prop, and the Sirius Black poster is probably the #2 out there. Figuring out animation of the latter would be awesome, depending on how large and frame you want to get! Tri-Wizard tournament announcement too, I think.

Various wanted posters and Ministry proclamation posts are out there, but more obscure, IMO.

I will think about further ideas!
Thank you.. we've worked hard on it.. yeah she has a personalized acceptance letter already. I really wanted to do a digital, vertical TV that would play different pictures and newspaper articles that move. Maybe someday. Lil expensive. Lol. Like I said I'm completely oblivious to this HP thing. Lol

This is an example of what I meant about walls covered in paintings. It's a mishmash of frames and styles, and they're not all flat to the wall's surface! Maybe room for wiring behind some?
View attachment 1782316 View attachment 1782319 View attachment 1782320 View attachment 1782321

Notice the intermittent lanterns as well. Adds to the illusion of height, as does the fact that most of the paintings are portrait orientation. Make the pictures smaller as you go higher up. Slightly smaller lanterns higher up might add to the effect too.
Oh thats a great idea. That looks cool as hell. I told her she needs an accent wall made of stone.

Hello! Love this idea for your wife. Without knowing the extent of what she already has, here are my personal recommendations:
● Replica books used by students at Hogwarts (there are loads of tutorials and free downloads on Pinterest- sorry if that's a dirty word here! I'm new to the community). You can distress books you don't care about, or grab some vintage books from your local flea market or library, if they give away/sell old stock. Then, add the new cover, and she'll have her very own "Standard Book of Spells: Grade Two" by Miranda Goshawk. Titles are taken from the required materials list in the books, which you can find through any search engine. Here's a website I found with a quick search that has fan-made content for books if you want to make a really thorough prop:
● Any replicas of the horcrux items: Marvelo Gaunt's ring, Tom Riddle's diary, Salazar Slytherin's locket, Helga Hufflepuff's cup, Rowen Ravenclaw's diadem, Nagini the snake
● a Maurader's Map (very easy to find reference images online)
● various publishings by The Daily Prophet (the wizard newspaper) or The Quibbler (a non-reputable conspiracy magazine, loved by one of Harry's friends)
● I'm a sucker for fantasy advertisements, so you could make posters for any of the shops in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade.
Notables include:
Ollivanders
The Three Broomsticks
Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes
The Leaky Cauldron
Honeydukes
Flourish and Blotts
Zonko's Joke Shop
Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions
Quality Quidditch Supplies
Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour
Eeylops Owl Emporium

That should be a good selection of options! Best of luck!

Hello! Love this idea for your wife. Without knowing the extent of what she already has, here are my personal recommendations:
● Replica books used by students at Hogwarts (there are loads of tutorials and free downloads on Pinterest- sorry if that's a dirty word here! I'm new to the community). You can distress books you don't care about, or grab some vintage books from your local flea market or library, if they give away/sell old stock. Then, add the new cover, and she'll have her very own "Standard Book of Spells: Grade Two" by Miranda Goshawk. Titles are taken from the required materials list in the books, which you can find through any search engine. Here's a website I found with a quick search that has fan-made content for books if you want to make a really thorough prop:
● Any replicas of the horcrux items: Marvelo Gaunt's ring, Tom Riddle's diary, Salazar Slytherin's locket, Helga Hufflepuff's cup, Rowen Ravenclaw's diadem, Nagini the snake
● a Maurader's Map (very easy to find reference images online)
● various publishings by The Daily Prophet (the wizard newspaper) or The Quibbler (a non-reputable conspiracy magazine, loved by one of Harry's friends)
● I'm a sucker for fantasy advertisements, so you could make posters for any of the shops in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade.
Notables include:
Ollivanders
The Three Broomsticks
Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes
The Leaky Cauldron
Honeydukes
Flourish and Blotts
Zonko's Joke Shop
Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions
Quality Quidditch Supplies
Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour
Eeylops Owl Emporium

That should be a good selection of options! Best of luck!
So helpful. Thank you. This Harry Potter forum is insane. There's just so much stuff. I can't wrap my head around it. Lol

Sad sad day. The HD I kept my old RPF files on broke and I came here in hopes to start over but it seems the old links are mostly inactive by now. It's to be expectedly, sadly. Since I'm selling most of my physical collection I thought I would cheer myself up by working on some paper props instead. I'll work on what is still out there.
A huge thank you to all the talented witches and wizards who have been contributing to this thread for years and years. You're deeply appreciated!

That all said, I'll bet she doesn't have an animated Sirius Black mini-poster:

Omg. I just recently did this one based on your instructions. It’s freaking amazing! I wanted to say thanks-first because it’s awesome and second because it’s helped me find a gift my niece doesn’t have in her collection. I wish I had known about this place years ago, when it was super busy. The stuff people have made here makes me a.) jealous of their talent and creativity, b.) sad I missed it when the links/photos of peoples props worked, and c.) want to make it all right now. this site is a treasure trove of happiness and -dare I say it?- magic.

Omg. I just recently did this one based on your instructions. It’s freaking amazing! I wanted to say thanks-first because it’s awesome and second because it’s helped me find a gift my niece doesn’t have in her collection. I wish I had known about this place years ago, when it was super busy. The stuff people have made here makes me a.) jealous of their talent and creativity, b.) sad I missed it when the links/photos of peoples props worked, and c.) want to make it all right now. this site is a treasure trove of happiness and -dare I say it?- magic.

Thanks so much for the kind words! Would love to see a pic of how yours turned out in the collection!

Those look great!

Forgive me a silly question, but what are these accurate to? I don’t seem to recall pumpkin juice bottles being on screen, have I overlooked them? Also, what is everyone using for the pumpkin caps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sorry for such a really late reply but you can see the bottles of pumpkin juice in honeyduke's sweetshop in prisoner of azkaban, and sprinkled throughout the films including some scenes in the gryffindor common room, I made my topper out of clay. though if I had it my way I'd made a 3d model a stopper with a screw shape in the inner part of the stopper so anyone can screw in a cork to use as a functional stopper then resin print it.

Hi Everyone, New to the Forum and just trying to find any Harry Potter Free Paper Props, jumped onto this thread but all of the Page 1 links seem to be Thumbnails and a lot of links are missing images.

Are there any up to date links for 2024 that I could go to ?

Tried using this link but most of the links keep going back to the original web page: List of Harry Potter Free Paper Props on the RPF and where to find them

Any Help much appreciated.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back