Harry Potter: Hogwarts Textbooks

ffg

I'm new here and am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I would love to see some of the textbooks used in Hogwarts replicated or made for everybody. I've posted some pictures for reference.
VariousBooks.jpg

327px-MagicalWaterPlantsoftheHighlandLochs.jpg

375px-A_begginers_guide_to_transfiguration%21.jpg

410px-DarkArtsDefenceBasicsforBeginners.jpg

HandbookofDoItYourselfBroomcare.jpg

Histery.png

Hpbookdh.jpg
(I know its not a textbook but it would be cool to have :p)

Hpbookdh2.jpg

Theory.jpg

497px-Unfogging_the_Future_by_Cassandra_Vablatsky.jpg

UnfoggingtheFuture.jpg

248px-Travels_with_Trolls.jpg

283px-Magical_Me.jpg

MagicalTheoryReal.jpg

MagicalDraftsandPotions.jpg
HP3DarkForces2.jpg

MostePotentePotions.jpg

If anyone is willing to replicate these or other titles from the series, I'm sure there will be ALOT of greatful people that would be thankful!!!! Thanks so much!:)

I've already started, and thank you for these! I intend on making EVERY HP book and this saved me a lot of research. There are some other threads on here that contain a few of these already that I've made in the past week or so.

Cookery Books
- Charm Your Own Cheese :thumbsup
- Enchantments in Baking
- One Minute Meals - It`s Magic!

Dragon Books
- Dragon-Breeding for Pleasure and Profit
- Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland
- From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper`s Guide
- Men who Love Dragons too Much

Fortune-Telling Books
- Broken Balls: When Fortunes Turn Foul
- Death Omens: What to Do When You Know the Worst is Coming :thumbsup
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Insulate Yourself Against Shocks
- Unfogging the Future by: Cassandra Vablatsky

Lockhart`s Books
- Break With a Banshee
- Gadding With Ghouls
- Gilderoy Lockhart`s Guide to Household Pests :thumbsup
- Holidays With Hags
- Magical Me
- Travels With Trolls
- Voyages With Vampires
- Wanderings With Werewolves
- Year of the Yeti

Miscellaneous Books
- A Guide to Medieval Sorcery
- A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry
- An Anthology of Eighteenth-Century Charms
- An Appraisal of Magical Education in Europe
- Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions
- Curses and Countercurses by: Professor Vindictus Viridian
- Dreadful Denizens of the Deeps
- Fowl or Foul? A Study of Hippogriff Brutality
- Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century
- Hogwarts: A History :thumbsup
- Important Modern Magical Discoveries
- Invisible Book of Invisibility
- Madcap Magic for Wacky Warlocks
- Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean :thumbsup
- Modern Magical History
- Moste Potent Potions
- Notable Magical Names of Our Time
- Notable Wizarding Events of the 20th Century
- Old and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charms
- Powers You Never Knew You Had and What to Do With Them Now That You`ve Wised Up
- Prefects Who Gained Power
- Saucy Tricks for Tricky Sorts
- The Handbook of Hippogriff Psychology
- The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts
- Weird Wizarding Dilemnas and Their Solutions
- Where There`s a Wand, There`s a Way

Quidditch Books
- Flying with the Cannons
- Handbook of Do-It-Yourself Broomcare
- Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Which Broomstick

School Books
- A Beginners` Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
- A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot :thumbsup
- An Encyclopedia of Toadstools
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
- Intermediate Transfiguration
- Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
- Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
- One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
- The Dark Forces A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble :thumbsup
- The Monster Book of Monsters
- The Standard Book of Spells Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk

Last edited:
I'm glad I got to help you! Keep me posted on the covers that you make cause I'd love to have a copy for myself!

Hinkypunk the work you are doing is just great. These books would really make a great collection all to themselves. Thanks for the work you are putting into them..

I've got to be honest with you guys...

I did not enjoy redoing this one. At all. I was so fixed on getting it right that I let an entire movie with the Jonas Brother's play in the background cuz I couldn't take my eyes off it. They are cute but.. no...

I hope you all like it

Hi-Res: http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/JealousYclose/albus.jpg

albussmall.jpg

Amazing work Hinkypunk, even more so when you take into account the Jo Bro factor, lol. I've been working on this cover as well, put it on hold until the DVD release to get screen caps of the spine and back cover. The photo of Dumbledore is the best alternative to the one on the actual book.

Its very close, if I may point out a few areas that aren't quite right, purely as a suggestion to an already amazing replica. The photo of Dumbledore should be changed from sepia to Black and white, the top right corner piece looks a little off. The right side piece of the picture should be a straight flip of the left one but its upside down. 'FROM BESTSELLING AUTHOR' is not tall enough. The colours overall are a bit to washed out, the green in particular. Again done of this takes away from this great piece.

Amazing work Hinkypunk, even more so when you take into account the Jo Bro factor, lol. I've been working on this cover as well, put it on hold until the DVD release to get screen caps of the spine and back cover. The photo of Dumbledore is the best alternative to the one on the actual book.

Its very close, if I may point out a few areas that aren't quite right, purely as a suggestion to an already amazing replica. The photo of Dumbledore should be changed from sepia to Black and white, the top right corner piece looks a little off. The right side piece of the picture should be a straight flip of the left one but its upside down. 'FROM BESTSELLING AUTHOR' is not tall enough. The colours overall are a bit to washed out, the green in particular. Again done of this takes away from this great piece.

I'm not too worried about most of that. I might fix the upside down piece, the top right corner, and the green to a darker color, but I don't think every little thing needs to be exact especially considering the people that print these out are probably printing them with printer paper and gluing them to an old book.

There is a lot more wrong with it than the above stated. The fonts on the top and bottom aren't correct at all, the & symbol is flat black when it should at least have a bevel, the alligator texture in the background is way off.

If this were one of my professional pieces to sell, I'd fix the little discrepencies like that :) but this was 2 1/2 hours of playing.

While I do not want to play down the screen accurate point of view, I find that I am quite happy having close to the original looking props. I can not thank enough the very talented people on this board who are willing to share with those of us not so gifted.

Eh, its just the matter of does it look close. Unless you are showing these to someone who happens to carry around screen accurate books with them, I don't think there is much of a problem. I've shown a few of them to my friends and so far only the Dumbledore cover was even recognized, let alone did she notice anything different about it.

Hi-Res-ish, forgot to change the dpi on this one, but it printed fine:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/JealousYclose/historycopy.jpg

historysmall.jpg

I'm getting a lot of PM's about how to print these so I'll just answer generics here.

Most of my artwork is sized around 20-30 inches tall at 300 dpi. If you are pasting these onto old books, you'll have to measure the book that you've got and size the graphic to fit the cover.

If you don't have the abilities to size these, measure the cover and PM me and I'll gladly size one specifically for you.

I've also been duplicating the bkg for spines, so I'll go ahead and post those tomorrow.

I'll also post pics of the finished products tomorrow

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back