Has anyone on here made a hilt using this Minicam model? I need some inspiration here

Raaven1990

IMG_6539.jpg
IMG_6540.jpg

I have to admit, that’s a really cool endcap.

I’ll look, I have a small pile of custom saber junk lying around. I might have stuff to brainstorm with

It really depends on how big the actual thing is. I don't have a reference but I think it has great potential with some additions to make it a two-handed hilt. The "control box" I already love. The other half of the saber is just missing; maybe a mis-mash with another smaller flash would be interesting.

It really depends on how big the actual thing is. I don't have a reference but I think it has great potential with some additions to make it a two-handed hilt. The "control box" I already love. The other half of the saber is just missing; maybe an mis-mash with another smaller flash would be interesting.
It’s definitely too short as it is. I’m adding an aluminum tube extension that will be leather wrapped. The emitter will be a 3d printed piece that will slide over the top.

I would go with either a skinny neck lightsaber where that is the base or something Prequel era like Ki Adi Mundi's lightsaber. I would also replace the little knob on the clamp with a knurled disc or something.

So the flash finally came in the mail. It’s thicker than I expected. But nonetheless, a good size.
IMG_6558.jpeg
One thing I didn’t anticipate was the dent in the area where the bottom cap threads in. I was actually surprised at how thin the tube is, until I learned the tube is actually sheet metal rolled into a cylinder, as I could tell by the weld line down the tube where it lines up with the dent. Because of this, I’m not sure this thing is durable enough for a blade. Perfect as a static hilt, though

So the flash finally came in the mail. It’s thicker than I expected. But nonetheless, a good size.
View attachment 1809263One thing I didn’t anticipate was the dent in the area where the bottom cap threads in. I was actually surprised at how thin the tube is, until I learned the tube is actually sheet metal rolled into a cylinder, as I could tell by the weld line down the tube where it lines up with the dent. Because of this, I’m not sure this thing is durable enough for a blade. Perfect as a static hilt, though
That is surprising and.. sort of not. There was a time where it seemed camera stuff got cheaper before plastic became absolute. What does the weld line look like? Seems the sheet metal has some pattern on it

If you ever do put a blade in it… the old school blades in flashes had solid metal inside, so any tube would pretty much work

That is surprising and.. sort of not. There was a time where it seemed camera stuff got cheaper before plastic became absolute. What does the weld line look like? Seems the sheet metal has some pattern on it

If you ever do put a blade in it… the old school blades in flashes had solid metal inside, so any tube would pretty much work
It’s very hard to see. But it runs vertically from top to bottom of the flash. You’re right. I might have to add some reinforcement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back