Hasbro Legacy Millennium Falcon Conversion

My 3rd boy is being delivered on the 7th by c section so I know exactly when I gotta stop working on my models..... Ahh deadlines... Gotta love em.

From that day forth he shall be known as Jude...... The Dude. Coulda said Han Solo to be on topic but I can't lie. Sorry for the HiJack CJ ... Back to your usual programming. You?

We both have 3 kids from previous marriages so this is our first together and her youngest is 21yo but mine is only 14. It kinda sounds like the Brady Bunch but unfortunately I don't see my kids.

As far as names go we haven't chosen anything as yet but we do like Lachlan, Jacob and Caleb. I guess we'll know which one he is when we see him.

Sorry CJ. Over to you Red Leader. :)

Not at all, fellas. My pleasure to have you around. I am envious - it's the Year of the Dragon and a child born in this year is lucky. You're both lucky. As for me - just one boy turning eight at the end of the year. Come to think of it - he was five when I started the thread.

I think I'm ready to draw my own 3D parts for printing. Printing is here to stay so I might as
well join in. I'll start with the easy ones first and see what I can accomplish.

Strutimage4.jpg

Strutimage5.jpg

Strutimage2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Crackerjazz,

You posted over on my thread a while ago and now I see you're venturing into 3D printed parts! Yay!

Let me know if I can help - I'm on a quest to make a library of printable parts for Falcon builders - it's mainly self serving, but am willing to share.

Just curious, what 3D software are you using?

J.

Hi Joshua, thanks. Your posts inspired me to start creating my own. I'm very inexperienced with CAD modelling (just started getting serious in Solidworks - the learning curve was so steep for me I almost gave up) so I wasn't sure I could contribute much to your thread in terms of parts files. I'm a big fan of the 5-footer but I can't build one because of the size and expense. So I'm trying to make half-size parts to fit this Hasbro. I would be honored to have someone your talent and experience work with me on this - maybe after you build your 32-inch?

I'm excited about 3D modeling and printing - it holds so much potential for scale model builders. After having Rob Steiner draw and print the Wankel for me even down to MPC size with all details intact that got me sold to the idea. That Cygnus taking shape is just fantastic. And have you seen that Aston Martin model from Skyfall? Maybe one day a VX4000 printer would be a common item in the average modeler's workshop.

3ders.org - voxeljet builds Aston Martin models for James Bond film Skyfall | 3D Printing news

Last edited:
Yup. We are in the same boat. Want a 5-foot falcon, can only accommodate a 32...

But - that is the advantage of making the 3d files. They work at any scale. I'd love to see how the big hollywood studios are using 3D printing in their workflow these days.

Just curious, did Rob give you the files for the Wankel parts?

J.

Unfortunately, no - I don't have the part files for the Wankel. Just the finished printed parts (which are now with Rodmart for correcting some areas). But, I do hope to be able to draw them now that I've started drawing on my own - it just might take a while.

As I look those really great build with a high level technique, I feel like I'm only standing at the doorway of the model building world.
Thanks for inspiring me so much!!

My big falcon arrived today! I intend to convert to 5 fotter type too, more on the general aspect than the precise details. Need to figure out what to do with the extra bays, sheet replacement, and cockpit modification. This thing is huge and heavy!
Anyone trying this, did you remove the inside guts of the ship? And any problem of warping, shape, after that?

Thanks,

G_Mendes

i'm currently working on this myself.i unscrewed everything and believe me there are a lot of screws in this thing.what i couldn't remove this way i dremel cut it.it was quite simple just takes a while.there is a lot of internal sections and it dramatically reduces the weight.i have also dremel cut back the sides of the top and bottom hulls and the mandibles (jaws) to reduce the height of the sides but while that was also fairly simple it took a while.
once this was done i quicky put it back together and was pleasantly surprised to find all straight and no warping.
i was astonished at how accurate it looked and that hasbro really got the shape and curve almost perfect.
also reduced height of landing bays but i'm doing the esb 32" version so no need to remove extra bays.

I gutted mine but make sure you add new supports inside because it will squash in the centre. I'm using a single large diameter tube as the new internal support with a secondary tube through the middle to use as a possible mounting point through the docking rings and lower turret.

My big falcon arrived today! I intend to convert to 5 fotter type too, more on the general aspect than the precise details. Need to figure out what to do with the extra bays, sheet replacement, and cockpit modification. This thing is huge and heavy!
Anyone trying this, did you remove the inside guts of the ship? And any problem of warping, shape, after that?

Thanks,

G_Mendes

Same here but it is on hold for the forseeable future at the moment although I will progressively get original parts for the sidewalls and mandibles though.

...... but i'm doing the esb 32" version so no need to remove extra bays.

Last edited:
oh yeah,forgot to mention supports in the centre section.it definetely squashes inwards.i just glued 3 plastruct tubes in there to strengthen it.

oh yeah,forgot to mention supports in the centre section.it definetely squashes inwards.i just glued 3 plastruct tubes in there to strengthen it.
When are we going to see some pics? When I did this project I didn't change the side wall or mandible height and I regret it. Still looks good, but not perfect.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back