ThomasofTacoma

This has been my therapy while handling a family crisis for the last few weeks. I got started repainting my pack a day after it arrived. Then was instantly derailed. The last couple days have allowed me a few hours each to give my pack a little age and rust weathering.
Base coat it Cannon Black Satin spray paint (Krylon) on top of a black primer. A heavy layer of Rub-n-Buff, covered in satin clear spray paint and covered in black acrylic paint (Future proofing scratches that might happen as I wear and abuse my pack at cons. The paint will scratch to the rub-n-buff layer, and adding more silver scratches to the weathering naturally. Leaving me with less concern to repair damage as it is used.).
Then an acrylic paint wash of browns, reds, orange, black and green applied carelessly with a wet brush on moistened surfaces using a misting spray bottle and old shop rags to wipe down the excess paint.
I am reasonably pleased with this. In the sun, the rust wash over the rub-n-buff lends a real metallic sheen that is ever so slightly muted. I did not expect that effect. I dig it and hope you do too. Happy busting my friends.

Attachments

• gb.jpg
    gb.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 462
  • gb2.jpg
    gb2.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 277
  • gb3.jpg
    gb3.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 212
  • gb4.jpg
    gb4.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 243
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 160
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 196
  • inventorytag.jpg
    inventorytag.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 151
  • inventorytag2.jpg
    inventorytag2.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back