Hogwarts/Hedwig Composite

Legion

Hi,

I'm simply looking for open critique of this image. To be as brief as possible, this is for a dear student of mine, who lost a very beloved uncle when she was six. She lived on a farm with her grandparents, and shortly after her uncle's passing, she spotted a snowy owl. Since then, Hedwig has had a deeper meaning for her.

I have a LotR'ish frame I got from Walmart, which I thought would go well with the image. The Latin in it (I'm her Latin teacher) translates as Dumbledore's quote "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" which is her favorite line.

I'm not very skilled at Photoshop, so as I said, I'm openly looking for tips. I'm planning on printing it on parchment paper and aging it (as I did my LotR map, so no color).

Thanks in advance.

Guy

hogwarts2.png

EDIT: I can print this in color and trim it, if you think that'd look better. Again, all advice is welcome.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back