How Do I Assemble My Russ Rep Obi Saber Parts?

Boba Debt

Master Member
I'm finally getting around to turning all these parts into a saber but can't seem to figure out a way that doesn’t involve epoxy.

If my emitter cone had been internally threaded this would have been easy but since it isn't I can't figure out any good way to attach the front half to the back half

Does anyone have any ideas?

My emitter cone fits as a friction fit on the emitter. The cone is screwed into the grenade. The booster slides into the grenade and I will eventually epoxy it in place.
Do not have the pommel yet so I have been stuck at this point, but that leaves me more time to weather the grenade.

I would epoxy the cone into the emitter if it does not fit with friction. (One of my cones had to be sanded down to fit at all.)

I believe Russ did an aluminum spacer that goes between the grenade and booster and is hidden by the Graflex clamp. I don't remember if it had tapped holes to screw the resistors into or not.

Preferably you have a good friction fit between the cone & emitter or at the very least the two will slide together if you freeze the cone & slide on the emitter.... and once it returns to room temp it is 'won't come off tight'. Otherwise you could use some Permatex thread sealant on it to help glue it on also (if you want a chance to take it off later)

David-

Quit jacking around with the saber and build that Han ROTJ blaster, using your real MGC, that I've been waiting years to see. :love

60 views and no one knows how build one of these?????

There is an electro-magnet in the pommel. Just waiting for it to arrive.

I am using white teflon tape to create a friction-fit. It spins but allows me to disassemble.

Still loving the weathering job on my emitter!! Thanks again BD.

Best,
DM

I went to ACE hardware and bought some tiny rubber O-rings. I slipped one in the groove on the cone part. Now the emitter slides over it with a tight enough fit that I don't need glue. His spacer has a groove cut out of it for the transistors to fit but it needs another groove in it so that the vertical slot in the graflex clamp isn't filled in. I just ground out a new channel in the booster and painted it flat black.

Sorry, yes I forgot about the spacer, it is not threaded so it will need to be glued in place of it sounds like o-rings may also work.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back