How to Train your Dragon manual?

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I did a search and didn't find anything. Has anyone done a Dragon manual from "How to Train your Dragon"? It's worthy of becoming a real prop.

I was thinking of making one of these when i first saw the film. After watching it on BluRay I noticed that they only show a few select pages though.
Makes it kind of hard to create the book with only a few reference shots shown.

I would treat it like the grail diary. Most of that was imagined as only a few pages were shown in detail as Indy was quickly flipping through it.

It would be a cool project to expand on.

I agree that it could easily be expanded upon. My Rorshach's journal did not have much shown in the movie or novel, but I love it non the less.

This would make an excellent real world prop.

Some of the spots shown on dailytv at the moment are just animations of Nico Marlet's pencil drawings, a quick fiddle with the pause button should yield some useable shots of artwork and text from dreamworks' cgi version of the manual.

cheerio

Yup, and the we can easily put together a nice maual, and use some tea leaves to weather it:) Found this nice page here:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=how+to+train+your+dragon+manual#/d2o6nsk

The_Grapple_Grounder___HTTYD_by_BANG_BLAST_BOOM_ART.jpg

Wow that's amazing you were able to find that image I know I saw it the other day but lost my link because my 8 year old brother is addicted to HTTYD and I was going to see about printing this out for his wall.

After talking to my brother me and him are going to start working on the book. He will draw the dragons, I'll do the runes, page weathering and tea leaf dye work, only thing we are unsure of at the moment is what the outer part of the book is made of leather, or another material.

How would you handle the runes?
Would you actually translate english into Futhark, or just just write a bunch of random runes on the page?

I'm planning to use the screenshots to the best of my advantage, beyond that I'm not sure whether I will translate english to rune or if I will just use random runes.

Try to find some unique cloth/fiber paper.
I'm thinking Parchment Paper it was used mostly in the medieval time era which this is probably in that category, but if someone else has a better suggestion as to a paper type I'm open to it, me and him are planning on working on it this weekend. I'm still stuck on what I would use for the cover if you need to see what it looks like it's the first image in my download folder.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back