HP3 Marauders Map

Mind it, I am not looking for scans anymore.

I read the whole thread and even though I know many images cannot be seen anymore (thus many post cannot be understood properly), I think nobody ever managed to make a replica of the map including the tridimensional stairs and the true construction of the screen-used map.

At this point we all know that the Noble replica is not screen accurate, however we also know that more than one map was used for the movies. Only in the Prisoner of Azkaban, I managed to tell 3 or 4 maps (probably I will elaborate on that later on another post) and we all also know that a more radically different map was used in Half-Blood Prince.

So to me an ultimate screen map replica is actually impossible but my idea of a very good replica is using the Noble one as a basis, then change the construction and adding the 3D stairs.

I will try and manage to make one.

Wow, thats really fantastic work! Your attention to detail is top-notch!
Thank you so much for sharing it!

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
i use the font "UglyQUA" for capital letters and "Diesel Rudolf" for the "handwritting"

and for the drawing ( window, stair, birds) i draw it on paper and after i digitalied it

sorry for my english i'm french ;)

This was just posted on Instructables (credit to littlefallingstar@deviantart)
Link:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Marauders-Map-FULL-SIZE-Replica/

Is there a way to easily remove the textured background from all the images? I want to print this on regular white paper and age it myself. I could "magic wand" tool it on pixlr.com (yes i'm poor) but that would take forever. Willing to wait a week or two, then I just start humping away myself. Thanks in advance!

Sample image:
marauders-map-front-a01.jpg

Alright guys, I installed Gimp and tried to color-remove the background. This was the best I can do. Is there ANYBODY who can take out all the brown spots for ALL the images?

Attachments

• front-a01.jpg
    front-a01.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 108
Please take this video with distance. It isn't accurate in all details. I discussed it with Jan yesterday. Please do not use it as a reference too.

Last edited:
There has been a new edition of the Marauder's Map released recently.
It's a licensed item that will be available later this year at the Comic Con Experience in Brazil.

It's still far from accurate to the original props, but it has some perks to it.

It does include the 'Mooney' spelling in the front of the map.

gYtCG2F.jpg

The print quality also looks way better than any version released previously.

0Y6l4Ml.jpg

.. and, the best part, it is the first official map to include the new Room of Requirement sections.

KTid4Cx.jpg

I watched a review video earlier today on this map aswell and it does include the 'WW' - JK Rowling's Wizarding World logo on the back.
So it is quite possible this will also be included on one of those mystery boxes they started releasing recently.

The Room of Requirementent was actually included in the Map by the graphic designers as a mistake.
It was later removed when someone pointed out that it shouldn't be shown in the map.

That room itself was later replaced with the Compass Rose you see in the picture above.

So... the shape of the Room of Requirement is not drawn in there anymore.
Still they kept the sections with the corridors around it where people disappear when the go to the room.

It was widely seen in HPB and DH but it was not included in any of the official replicas released until now.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back