HP3 Marauders Map

It looks like it was taken from a promotional party for the DVD release. Couldn't find any larger pictures neither :unsure Not sure if they gave a copy out as a promotional, but wouldn't that be nice? :D

Another shot from the party:

[image]http://www.drstranglove.com/upload/imgs/x_dvdgig_invite.jpg[/image]

That's cool.
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those.

Guess it's time to start spending my time on the HP sites again.

BTW did anyone get a chance to go take pictures at the toy store in London that had props on display?
I'm looking for a good shot of the Pumpkin Juice bottle label.

D6

Hey someone in Germany has created a fan version...

Just do a search for it on ebay under "Harry Potter Marauders Map prop replica Azkaban"

It looks pretty good, although the pictures don't show off what they say about it.... the markings in red and on yellow parchment... but they could have treated the photos so they're more easily seen... The cover is a bit off though......

Still interested in one of these though...

It looks ok. not at all screen accurate. Color's are off, writing at the bottom is completely off, the tree in teh backround is painted and not written as it should be, even the dimensons are off. Much too small for one, and it's to short and wide. It should be narrower. Have no idea why somebody would pay that much for that.

yeah like I said it looks pretty good but isn't spot on or anything.... and I agree about the price, its way too high for this....

Originally posted by TFrosst@Apr 21 2005, 04:12 PM
Well, I think this should help a lot.  If someone gets this done, please share it with everyone else.  I'm sure there are many people here that would want a high quality image of this for their own use, so please share.

[img=http://img76.echo.cx/img76/6827/maraudermap0so.th.jpg]
[snapback]970771[/snapback]​

Like D6 said is there a larger version of this pic somewhere???

The Maps that are on ebay always have extra stuff from the book in them and points of intrest in the movies.
Most of them don't have the correct details for what was seen on screen since they are made for kids to play with.
They don't even try to get the size right.

One I saw was done with a blue ball point pen. :confused
Most seem to be coming from Australia.

The last one I saw was very well done it terms of doing all the correct fonts and stuff but the content and size where way off.
It was probably done on a computer and printed out.

D6

Considering they never show the whole damn map in the film, it seems like a plenty of creative license could be used in making one. Is anyone really going to bitch if not every letter is perfectly on with the movie??

I never found the one on ebay, just a whole lot of lego sets, but the whole "screen accurate" snobbery is getting old around here. Screen accurate is cool, but it's also cool when some one takes the time to do their own version of the map, and ya know, since it was in a book first using your own imagination is OK dammit. :)

Njc---------------------

wouldnt an easy way to fill a large section it to get images from the credits screen and just use those as a map. One contimuous map there already to use, just a few screen shots, add them together as one image and POOF instant map/

Just a thought

IÂ’ve done a test map on regular paper and IÂ’m pleased with the results. IÂ’m ordering my parchment and need to find out how tall the map is.

What would you imagine the overall height of the map is?

mmap.jpg

HP_PRISONER_OF_AZKABAN_DISC1-1171.jpg

This pic from the first page of this thread could be a starting point, using the hands of a 12-year-old as a guide, or the first pic of the thread with the grownups hands, cant remember who that was.

I´d say approx 13-15"

Michael

Thought this thread fell off the board. :lol

Mine's been on hold cause of other projects. :$
Not giving up on it though.

I came to 18" which by all means may be wrong, by taking the length of the wand in this case 14" and finding a picture that shows that whole thing along the edge of the map.

As I said it may be wrong but the paper test I did looked right to me.

Hopefully with the other movies coming someone will provide us with some accurate measurments.

Looking forward to others progress.

Cheers
D6

I have the front nearly finished. I'm starting to work on the inside.

I've ordered the parchment.

I've decided to go with 13.5 inches high for now, but I can always go larger if that changes. I ordered a lot of parchment for this progect.

Here is low res version of my front map. The working version is sickly high res so enlarging won't be a problem if it's needed.

Chads_marauders_map.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back