I have a dream!!!!

Originally posted by Aegis159+Feb 27 2006, 04:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aegis159 @ Feb 27 2006, 04:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Lee S
@Aug 27 2005, 10:35 AM
"I know the windows in the CGI model are virtually BLACK"

Hey hey, we'll have none of this :)
The windows on the CGI model were very clear and not black at all, I'm a HUGE fan of building interiors and connecting the exterior CGI models to the interior sets.  So ALL the ships had interiors and pilots that moved etc.. :)  If the interior ever came across as black it's cus it's space.

http://www.starshipbuilder.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000004.html

:)

L
[snapback]1066615[/snapback]​

Starship builder is changing servers. It might take another week to finnish the transition.

Hmm... the linked site is dead for me, nothing but red "X"s.....
[snapback]1194753[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by jordankarr+Feb 27 2006, 11:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jordankarr @ Feb 27 2006, 11:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jestefarean
@Feb 26 2006, 12:04 PM
JDH as straight man...thank you JDH.  :)

Couple last shots of tings I hadnt taken pictures of....

First..some shots of the resin canopy frame and the vac plug insert.  This part will be the toughest part of the model I think.  The frame is very thin and delicate.  The insert will need to be cut down to fit inside the frame...then the whole thing can be glued on.  I thought about making a vacform canopy without the seperate frame, but I may end up making mine without the glass insert, and wanted that to be an option.

rapt06a.jpg

[snapback]1194016[/snapback]​

Why not just do the entire canopy as a vac formed clear styrene piece and not the multi part resin/vacform. I understand it from a personal stand point, but for a kit it would save a lot of us modelers headaches of snapping the thin frame and then having to get a replacement.

Either way its still looking sweeeeeet.
[snapback]1194739[/snapback]​
[/b]

I thought about that...but it leads to a couple problems....the one piece is great unless you like the resin frame look (which I love). If you like the resin frame look but want the bubble...then you need two pieces (like I did) or an extra piece...one vac form with frame, and one vac without. In the end, I never liked the vac forms where I was painting the struts on...it looks fake to me...so I went this way..but the good news is the frame is very simply...I suspect it would take a modeler about 20 minutes to break it apart into componenets and glue it onto the vac form...so if you don't want to mess with it just bust it up.

I hope that makes sense...

For those of us waiting on a Raptor, last nights episode of BSG probably had more reference material on the Raptor than all the other episodes combined.

So if you didnt see it you may want to dig up a copy somewhere or keep an eye out for a sci fi marathon.

Pure greatness :)

JDH

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Mar 4 2006, 04:18 PM
For those of us waiting on a Raptor, last nights episode of BSG probably had more reference material on the Raptor than all the other episodes combined.

So if you didnt see it you may want to dig up a copy somewhere or keep an eye out for a sci fi marathon.

Pure greatness  :)

JDH
[snapback]1198638[/snapback]​

Raptors everywhere. It was a beautiful sight to see .. I tried to count how many....but it was too fast. Just looked sweet to see a force of raptors to take up the sky like that.

Damn NAT errors. I wish I knew how to configure my router. I've been downloading that episode with uTorrent since Saturday morning and it's only 95% done @ 6kbps.

So, any further news of how things are moving along with the raptor? After this Friday, I'll have some spare time to actually work on it... until the next season/new episodes of BSG starts back up.

- J.

4 kits are going out this weekend to 4 builders who have volunteered to do early buildups and provide feedback for the instructions. While they are working on the kits I will be casting away with hopes of having the first wave of kits out to people end of this month. This may time out well also, as the pilots are supposed to ship out to me Friday...if I have them in hand next week I can provide them as an option to people getting the kit, with their kit (as opposed to something that has to be shipped later)

Hope this is good news... :)

That is GREAT news Jessie... I can't wait for this kit... Now, if only we could get you to do a MkVII Viper... :angel

- J.

Originally posted by Jestefarean@Mar 8 2006, 04:37 PM
4 kits are going out this weekend to 4 builders who have volunteered to do early buildups and provide feedback for the instructions.  While they are working on the kits I will be casting away with hopes of having the first wave of kits out to people end of this month.  This may time out well also, as the pilots are supposed to ship out to me Friday...if I have them in hand next week I can provide them as an option to people getting the kit, with their kit (as opposed to something that has to be shipped later)

Hope this is good news... :)
[snapback]1201674[/snapback]​

Just an update for all who are waiting. Wanted to let all know that things are progressing. Slower then I expected, but going none the less. The small number of people who preordered this kit should be recieving them in one of three batches to start shipping in 2 or 3 weeks. Ill be in touch directly, but I wanted you to know. Order of shipment will be chronological based on the first to order going first. In all it will probably be 2 weeks between shipments.

Cheers

Originally posted by Jestefarean@Apr 7 2006, 10:21 AM
Just an update for all who are waiting.  Wanted to let all know that things are progressing.  Slower then I expected, but going none the less.  The small number of people who preordered this kit should be recieving them in one of three batches to start shipping in 2 or 3 weeks.  Ill be in touch directly, but I wanted you to know.  Order of shipment will be chronological based on the first to order going first.  In all it will probably be 2 weeks between shipments.

Cheers
[snapback]1221935[/snapback]​
No worries Jesse.

Your talent speaks for itself and I well respect it. For you to do this for us, hold down a full time job,...AND be a successful Father and Husband.... dude. You have my respect. :p

I am very excited about getting the your Raptor.

Thanks for all your great work. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Originally posted by Kuhn Global+Apr 7 2006, 04:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kuhn Global @ Apr 7 2006, 04:13 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jestefarean
@Apr 7 2006, 10:21 AM
Just an update for all who are waiting.  Wanted to let all know that things are progressing.  Slower then I expected, but going none the less.  The small number of people who preordered this kit should be recieving them in one of three batches to start shipping in 2 or 3 weeks.  Ill be in touch directly, but I wanted you to know.  Order of shipment will be chronological based on the first to order going first.  In all it will probably be 2 weeks between shipments.

Cheers
[snapback]1221935[/snapback]​
No worries Jesse.

Your talent speaks for itself and I well respect it. For you to do this for us, hold down a full time job,...AND be a successful Father and Husband.... dude. You have my respect. :p

I am very excited about getting the your Raptor.

Thanks for all your great work. :thumbsup :thumbsup
[snapback]1222045[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks Kurt. :)

Neat little update...Helo and Boomer are done. I havent cast them yet, but that will probably happen this week. One neat note...the helmet is removeable...so I may cast some in clear for more lighting options...and it is easier to make a new head with hair.

Some shots..

Helo

1.jpg

Also...in the cool news catagory...Mike Salzo is the first to finish a Raptor. He sent me these pictures this morning after a 2 day marathon build up. He is finalizing the interior and waiting on the pilots, but this is it so far.

I can't explain how exciting it is to finally see a kit done...makes this all the more worthwhile. :)

12.jpg

and some shots

http://home.comcast.net/~emyers20/RCN/Raptor/progress/11.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~emyers20/RCN/Raptor/progress/13.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~emyers20/RCN/Raptor/progress/14.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~emyers20/RCN/Raptor/progress/15.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~emyers20/RCN/Raptor/progress/16.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back