I think it's time to remake the OT..

I ended up liking the battle between them in the show more than I thought I would, and when Obi-wan finds out that Anakin survived and IS Vader now. But at the same time, I also like that their fight on the death star is the first time they've seen each other since that battle on Mustafar.
Its like most of this Disney stuff is a, What If alternate timeline, type story.

I think it is possible to re-boot Star Wars with new movies, but I also think it could only be a successful re-boot if:

1. There has been no new SW anything for many, many years. No movies, no TV shows, nothing. Disney would have abandoned making anything SW because it isn’t popular anymore and isn’t making money anymore.
2. Anyone who was alive when the OT was in theaters is dead, whether they’ve seen SW or not.

Perhaps we need a newer, more *now* kinda Star Wars

Where Storm Troopers are burnt out baristas who have 'quietly quit' their jobs, doing only what fits their job description, at a relaxed pace.

Leia actually coaches Ben by communicating to him through the Force, "it's time," she calls to him, when she senses her twin is in danger from the Sand People.

"I don't know what to do!" Ben calls out, unable to quietly focus his mind.

Leia repeatedly pushes Ben, "teach him! Show him!" All from her cell.

Vader senses something, but he is nowhere as capable a Leia, so even when confronting her about reaching out to Kenobi, he has to take her evasive replies as legitimate.

Beru tells Owen, "Where is Luke? I sense something if wrong."

Owen, " Your intuition again? It'll be the death of us!"
And they could have a character that is literally called Mary Sue!

Wait... Mary Sue Skywalker.

Get the hell out of here Kathleen Kennedy. You can't try to sway the fandom into buying more poor quality projects! J/k XD

Seriously, no. Remaking them is a bad idea. Besides, we already got a remake of A New Hope. It was called The Force Awakens. And it sucked, just as much as the rest of the sequel trilogy did. But that's just my opinion, of course.

Remaking the OT is the last card they have to play. It will of course fail spectacularly, and then their failure will be complete.
The fact that the rumor of them considering it shows exactly how stupid the idea is: they can't get the new stuff to be hits across the board, so they're considering on remaking it to force a reboot in an attempt to make the new stuff after that work as a result. It's only gonna end in more heartbreak.

Last edited:
I spit on that idea.

OT is the only sacred thing left in SW. I'd sooner remake the prequels with a deepfaked deaged Alec Guiness than vandalize the OT with Ewan.

I'd rather see more stuff like, Andor. Put the Jedi stuff aside for now and build the universe for a while. After a few years, the day we see Jedi again, it will be eventful.

Perhaps we need a newer, more *now* kinda Star Wars

Where Storm Troopers are burnt out baristas who have 'quietly quit' their jobs, doing only what fits their job description, at a relaxed pace.

Leia actually coaches Ben by communicating to him through the Force, "it's time," she calls to him, when she senses her twin is in danger from the Sand People.

"I don't know what to do!" Ben calls out, unable to quietly focus his mind.

Leia repeatedly pushes Ben, "teach him! Show him!" All from her cell.

Vader senses something, but he is nowhere as capable a Leia, so even when confronting her about reaching out to Kenobi, he has to take her evasive replies as legitimate.

Beru tells Owen, "Where is Luke? I sense something if wrong."

Owen, " Your intuition again? It'll be the death of us!"

Oooh, this is my favorite unpopular opinion, a hot take, if you will. I would also like to see what the OT would look like remade, but not to be made more consistent with the PT, just to smooth out the internal inconsistencies. I'd rather change the PT, than make the OT fit with the changes the PT made.

If they put me in charge of it, I'd get rid of the love triangle between Luke, Han, and Leia, I'm not sure how to do it but I just gotta get rid of Leia kissing Luke to make Han jealous, that's a super dumb moment in the context of the OT.

It always bugs me that Obi-Wan calls Vader "Darth" as though that was his first name, not his title. Just seeing that CG recreation of the Obi-Wan/Vader duel on YouTube just makes me want to see what the OT would look like through a more modern lens. If you could give it to a credible director, not someone who wanted to make changes to the story to make their own vision. I don't want to see a reboot or a re-imagining, but just a new version.

Have the Stormtroopers show military tactics when boarding the Tantive IV. It always looks so goofy that they're just bumbling around. Same with the Rebel Troopers. The end of Rogue One is really quite thrilling, and then you watch A New Hope, and it looks goofy. It would be way cooler if Vader used the Force to rip the door open, instead of the door just sort of sparking and blowing up.

We'll always have the original OT, but I really would like to see ANH,ESB, and ROTJ with modern effects.

Last edited:
Replace Alec with McGregor and insert new dialogue to explain the arc between characters and remove all of the special effects they put in and that would give us the OT.:p

The first script change that Disney would make to the OT…

IMG_2956.jpeg

Last edited:
I dunno how I feel… knee jerk is “no way!”

But do I actually care? The characters and original story are so great, they should live on for other generations to experience however they experience entertainment.

It’s getting harder and harder for me to get the younger gen I know to not see it as some old @ss 70’s movie.

My kid 15 years ago wasn’t into it at all til The Force Awakens, then went hard til The Last Jedi and lost interest again.

Now my nepthew who’s 8 was just bored to tears, and he has good taste - generally.

But the reason maybe I don’t care is I got baked the other night and threw on Empire… at no point in watching did I see Hayden under the mask… I knew he was that grizzled old guy from Jedi… I didn’t see Han and Lando’s previous adventures being “Solo”… I never felt “ah young Luke… who will one day tickle Rey with grass…”

It was just Empire and I loved it. Didn’t even try to see folmer on the end cap of the saber, or wonder how long til the grips fell off… i enjoyed as I remember enjoying…

Same as watching “The Thing” and not taking THEIR prequel as being canon to how the dog got in the camp…

And at that point I’m like “eh do whatever you want… I can see a movie as a standalone film. Still great”

I guess that’s the same way I can listen to “Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music” and not think “ugh… this band so falls off in 5-10 years… and then Weiland just dies… this band is RUINED for me”

And if one day a Korean Boy Band covers Creep, we’ll kids, enjoy. Should prob check out the original… it’s better.

Now my nepthew who’s 8 was just bored to tears, and he has good taste - generally.

Although the proper order for the unitiated to watch Star Wars is in release order (I do that with adults), I feel that does not apply to young children. Nowadays, two droids wandering in the desert feels like forever to the younger generation. And there's just dialog until Obi-Wan appears on the scene. Yes, the opener was exciting, but it quickly descends into dialog. I blame ADD shows like Power Rangers.

That's why I started my kids on Jar-Jar...lame and slapstick as he is, Jar-Jar and Darth Maul helped serve as the gateway to the good stuff. So I will hold that there are TWO right orders in which to watch Star Wars movies, depending on the viewer's age.

1705863746053.png

Although the proper order for the unitiated to watch Star Wars is in release order (I do that with adults), I feel that does not apply to young children. Nowadays, two droids wandering in the desert feels like forever to the younger generation. And there's just dialog until Obi-Wan appears on the scene. Yes, the opener was exciting, but it quickly descends into dialog. I blame ADD shows like Power Rangers.

That's why I started my kids on Jar-Jar...lame and slapstick as he is, Jar-Jar and Darth Maul helped serve as the gateway to the good stuff. So I will hold that there are TWO right orders in which to watch Star Wars movies, depending on the viewer's age.

This. The early Tatooine section of ANH was enough to bore me even as a kid back in the day.

I've shepherded some non-SW-fans through their first watch. I always tell them: "15 minutes into the first movie you're going to feel like turning it off. But that's actually the dullest stretch in the whole trilogy. You gotta stick it out for 30+ minutes. After that, it's not as fast as a modern movie but it's watchable. Most of the trilogy feels like 1980s-90s pace."

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back