[In Progress 60%] Faora Costume Build

You did an awesome job! Is that dye-sub suit with the raised chainmail that you were trying to screen print, or did you run out of time for that? When you have a chance, can you show some closeup images of all the finished pieces?

I'm sure you'll like Masked Rider's chainmail material. Creator(some#) did a Zod suit with it..Check out his thread if you haven't. It'd be cool if you guys both took a pic at a convention. Oh, and PunisherNC above has a MoS suit... Check out his thread too. Mine's coming soon!

Oh boy, so it was down to the wire.. Two days before dragon con, gluing everything on my suit. LOL. Dragon Con was great. I never made a complex suit like this and also have never been to a convention.. So this was an experience! Sorry for the lack of updates but if any of you have questions about certain parts, just ask!

I used the same technique as I did with the wrist guard (eva foam/worbla) technique with all the other pieces of armor. I was going to use velcro to help the thigh pieces stay on but felt like the velcro wouldn't last long, so I found a tutorial on how to install snaps and the armor snaps on the body suit. I ended up finding a local guy to sub dye my suit and found a seamstress to sew it. She sewed it upside down :(. But eventually I'd like to replace the body suit and body trim with the stuff that MaskedRider has come up with.

Last edited:
You did an awesome job! Is that dye-sub suit with the raised chainmail that you were trying to screen print, or did you run out of time for that? When you have a chance, can you show some closeup images of all the finished pieces?

I'm sure you'll like Masked Rider's chainmail material. Creator(some#) did a Zod suit with it..Check out his thread if you haven't. It'd be cool if you guys both took a pic at a convention. Oh, and PunisherNC above has a MoS suit... Check out his thread too. Mine's coming soon!

I was trying to screen print it myself. I have a huge almost 30"x30" screen that I used once that I'm never going to be using again because it was just too tough for me lol! I ran out of time (by a week non-the-less lol) to get Leslee's printed fabric. So I ended up creating a pattern and had it printed on some spandex. :(

Yea I saw Punishers suit, I really like the underlayer being soft muscle shading. I'd love to go to another convention and get some pics done!

Can't wait to see what you come up with mydlyfe!

ps. I'll try to get some close up pics tonight.

Here's the closeups of the armor, don't look too close, hehe.

photo 2.JPGphoto 9.JPGphoto 8.JPGphoto 7.JPGphoto 6.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 10.JPG

That is some great work. Especially for your 2nd costume. How did you learn to do this stuff. I'm not artistic, so not sure I'd ever be able to do anything like this.

Thank you Mydlyfe! I've probably done at least a couple months of just research. That chest/back armor is actually the 3rd recreation. And the 5th pic from the left wrist gauntlet thing is the third reincarnation. It was a lot of trial and error and seeing which materials gave me the best result.. along with the research I mentioned earlier. A lot of re-painting too.

Wow, great job on the chainmail! I have been spending some great deal of time trying to get the man of steel costume pattern exact, which I have, but it has been a challenge trying to
get this pattern printed. I may have finally, but waiting for a couple responses from some places overseas. If not, I may have to dig out some old screen printing skills and make them myself lol! Recently I have noticed the man of steel sequel suit, so may make some changes to match the new suit, I have just completed a rough chest emblem with the hieroglyphics on it lol! I would post it on here, but not sure how. I did notice your final costume and I would say fantastic job!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back