Indiana Jones' Shirt - Color Test

PHArchivist

Master Member
I'm recycling threads here guys... Is this shirt color about right to your eye? I've tried to offer various lighting.

ShirtTest006.JPG

ShirtTest003.JPG

ShirtTest011.JPG

ShirtTest010.JPG

ShirtTest009.JPG

ShirtTest008.JPG

I'm in the process of collating elements for an Indiana Jones full-sized figure. I'm not going to go with THE pants, but rather will use one of two pair I have at home.

So I need your opinion. Which is best? A or B?

A
IJA001.jpg

With flash
IJA002.jpg

IJA003.jpg

B
IJB001.jpg

IJB00002.jpg

IJB00003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Indiana Jones' pants

Ramiel,
You probably choose A because your brain tells you it's the correct color.

A is more the color of the original pants by far. Just iron em' out and you're good to go.

The Sideshow Indy has the pants the color of B. I hope they have the opportunity to address that.

Nice holster and gunbelt! :love

Is that an 8' Morgan?

I don't know, but I WILL point out that recently I started wearing my Manhattan Portage messenger bag UNDER my jacket... and it makes me feel very Indiana Jones-y. :D

- k

Ramiel!

You ask yourself! Do I choose Pants A OR do I choose Pants B?

If you choose Pants A you enter into the world of archeology....a world that you have never experienced in your life! A reality beyond your dreams!

BUT

If you choose Pants B you return to your current life! Prop collector, family man, and 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday! You may occassionally pick up your whip and think about what would it have been had I chosen Pants A but you will never know!

Oh yeah! Pants A by the way!

Thanks guys!

Yeah - A is what I've been leaning towards too...

They tend to have the correct pinkish undertones. I'm a little concerned about the vertically running pattern you can see in the close shot, but from more than three feet away the eye doesn't pick it up.

I'll iron out the crease, and have the cuff at the ankle hemmed. Also I'm 6'4" (pants are a 38" in seam IIRC), so by removing the cuff, that should shorten them just a tad, yet still add that "slightly too long" look Indy occasionally has.

For YEARS I've been hanging onto the "B" pants planning on using them, but looks like they're off to Goodwill!

Is that an 8' Morgan?

Nice huh!? I included that not only to show off a fine-ass weapons rig, but also (with hopes you'd check the pics) to add a color reference you are familiar with. Same goes for the whip and jacket.

God I've had the whip for a number of years now. Morgan definitely, but I don't recall the length. Probably 8' though, as the cost goes up a lot with each varying length (as we all know!). I suppose I could check the TAG since it's still there! ;)

Ramiel,
You probably choose A because your brain tells you it's the correct color.

A is more the color of the original pants by far. Just iron em' out and you're good to go.

The Sideshow Indy has the pants the color of B. I hope they have the opportunity to address that.

Is that an 8' Morgan?
So, all those years spent watching Indiana Jones, are well worth!
(Not that I was thinking otherwise...:D)
Ramiel!

You ask yourself! Do I choose Pants A OR do I choose Pants B?

If you choose Pants A you enter into the world of archeology....a world that you have never experienced in your life! A reality beyond your dreams!

BUT

If you choose Pants B you return to your current life! Prop collector, family man, and 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday! You may occassionally pick up your whip and think about what would it have been had I chosen Pants A but you will never know!

Oh yeah! Pants A by the way!
:lolLOL!:lol

PH,
Don't forget that the pants are a 4" military hem, which means you need an extra 4" of material to tuck inside to be hemmed and the front of the pants are to be hemmed 1" higher than the back. It should have just a small amount of taper.

PH,
Don't forget that the pants are a 4" military hem, which means you need an extra 4" of material to tuck inside to be hemmed and the front of the pants are to be hemmed 1" higher than the back. It should have just a small amount of taper.

That's great info, of which I did not know. I do have a local tailor (who's adjusted my Wested as well) that I'll take the details to have the pants altered.

Thanks! :thumbsup

No prob, Rob. Also, if you don't have an extra 4" of material for the hem they can sew some extra material in so that you get the 4". Since it's on the inside anyways it doesn't matter if it doesn't match exactly in color and material.

Oops. My little Matrix scenario was meant for PH not Ramiel although he did get a kick out of it! Sorry PH! Replace Ramiel with PH!

I'm a little concerned about the vertically running pattern you can see in the close shot, but from more than three feet away the eye doesn't pick it up.

I just found some close-up shots of some Noel Howard pants (J!) and the too have a striated pattern it seems; angled though, not perfectly vertical.

I purchases a suppsoedly light tan 100% wool chino pants from LL Bean. They are really nice and the style is great. It even has that wishbone like striping in the material. Only problem is that it is a brighter tan color and of course 100% wool can only be dry cleaned.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back