Interest Interest in a Crystal Blue Tesserat Cube ** Pictures now posted

Looks nice. If I were to get one it would be to replace the cheap collector's set cube. I highly doubt I will ever do the Rinowa case route given the cost and work involved, so a random, albeit properly sized, blue cube would just look kind of funny (to me) without context.

That's it for me, this looks awesome with a crystal cube in it. The real cases cost 500 to 600 used and 750 new. This is a great display piece like this, happy to have it out on display like this now.

IMG_1043.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered the Blu ray collector's so I'll definitely need the collector's box edition size as well, is it possible?

Regards,

Alberto

"All your pictures are still blank X's but I took the liberty of doing the computer guy thing. Hope you don't mind."

No Not at all.

"Just ordered the Blu ray collector's so I'll definitely need the collector's box edition size as well, is it possible?"

Thats where I thought the most interest would be but so far, no too many as i thought would be. I will give it another week and see if there is enough interest to make a run.

I am interested in 2 of the collector's box edition. My son has the case as well and it would be a great surprise for him!

I think if you could fix the pictures in the first post you'd get a lot more interest...

Just looked at all the pics. Is there any word on a lighter (somewhat sky blue) blue? The current color seems way to dark.

I chose that color as it was the only available listed at the moment and it matched up to the coloring of the lights in the display case. I have been e-mailed back that they can do a lighter blue, each sample is $ 75 for me so been debating if it is worth getting the second sample or not, especially with the limited interest here so far. So waiting to see through this week of the Ultron movie spurs on interest in this to go ahead with.

Just stepping in for a moment since I've been doing this stuff for a long time.

Light blue looks cool when the piece is faceted, but without any strong light or any strong facets, it's going to look like a pale grey color.

The dark blue color is pretty awesome though. This is a beautiful piece man!

I've been uploading some videos to youtube showing off stuff, and this particular video shows off the good and bad of a light blue color : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noHQKklp68k

There's also another video with some arrowheads in light blue as well.

Looking cool man, just have em pack em REALLY well when they ship em to ya. When I got my order in for the clear ones I did a couple years ago I had 2 or 3 that had busted corners even though they were in a small box within another box. Ask em to bubble wrap each one separate. It might cost a buck or two extra but it's well worth it for the peace of mind.

Chris

I didn't see any negatives with that blue color. The case these will sit in have bright blue LEDs built in, so the cube will be illuminated. I'll defer to your expertise though, if you think the lighter blue won't work

I have been sent a picture of the lighter blue and have to agree that a larger surface area greys out the color, especially with light going through.
Given the lack of interest in the larger cube as well the shipping cost and issues, I will at this point stick to just the collectors series size with the current blue coloring.

"Looking cool man, just have em pack em REALLY well when they ship em to ya."
Yep insured and packed well. Shipping cost as much as the cubes themselves from China. Add in the domestic shipping and shipping is the primary overall cost for these.

Last edited:
Still interested in both sizes if you decide to go with the prop size as well. Would also be interested in seeing the lighter blue version if possible or a link to where I might see it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back