Question "Internal Clock" is off. (answered)

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think the board's 'internal clock' is off / out of sync by approximatley half an hour.

I browsed at say 7.30am, then shut down to go off and have breakfast.

It's now 8am, but at the top right hand corner, it says "You last visited 26 minuted ago at 08.35 am".

re: "Internal Clock" is off. (answered)

OK, this is weirder :lol

I just went to the index page from here, and it says "You last visited: 1 Minute Ago at 09:08 AM" ...... It's 8.08 am.

(yes, I checked to see if my time zone was set correctly from the CP).

I don't know if it has anything to do with DST (?)

DST in Europe changes on the last Saturday of March. Don't know what it is in the US.

I think its a lack of coffee rather than sangria :lol

Forget the half an hour 'off' I mentioned. It's always been an hour, but 'off' nonetheless :lol

:lol
Only reason I'm up is because our Servers are still programmed to the old DST. So 4 times a year I need to stay up and change them manually to the correct time. Thankfully I have my version of sangria to keep me company. :thumbsup

OK, just googled it. Seems DST in the US is indeed 10 March this year.

However, notwithstanding whenever DST is in the US, it never effected the (correct) way I view the time on the board with my settings on Central European Time.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back