Iron Man Autopsy Suit

WarPig

Sr Member
Does anyone have any good shots of the autopsy suit other than what's on the "Behind the Scenes" featurette?

I'm looking for details of all the articulated joints (shoulder, elbow, hip, knee).

A Google search brings up the featurette, Area 51, and the Discovery Channel's cancellation of the Michael Jackson autopsy.

I figured I'd ask - the search continues! :)

Thanks, folks!

You're pulling my leg. :)

The Mark II that Rhoady "appropriated" was constructed as an actual prop, and is called the "autopsy suit".

Although if Iron Man III has as many plot holes as II, it will be the franchise!

You're pulling my leg. :)

The Mark II that Rhoady "appropriated" was constructed as an actual prop, and is called the "autopsy suit".

Although if Iron Man III has as many plot holes as II, it will be the franchise!

I think what he means is when Mark II was taken to the air base and they was constructing war machine..

Last edited:
I think what he means is when Mark II was taken to the air base and they was constructing war machine..

Correct. There was a "Behind the Scenes" featurette from Legacy Studios where they talked about the building the suit (calling it the "Autopsy Suit"). The featurette gave it more screen time than the movie, but I was hoping there was more photos/video/film of it.

I haven't seen much footage of this other the the making of. . The three disc copy of ironman 2 might have something. The art of ironman 2 book might have some pics ..

Last edited:
Wasn't that suit built by a member here? Ricksprops, maybe?

I think I remember seeing a good behind the scenes pic in one of the Iron Man threads.

THANK YOU!! It's a start - and I can see some shoulder details that I've never seen before :)

BTW, did you notice there's no repulsors on the bottom of the boots?

Did someone say Randy's a member here? Is he "approachable"?

@ Neo2345 - looks like it would, eh? But no, it's just some metal made to look magic.

In the featurette, they said they made the suit using the CGI model ILM created for Iron Man 1. I'm pretty sure that model isn't available to mere mortals like me!

Here are some pictures of the Mark II autopsy suit from the Art of Iron Man 2 book and from the DVDs along with the new Hot Toys Iron man 2: 1/6 scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed version).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back