Im fairly fit guy. When I built Mark 6 I had to scale down almost all of the suit except for the abs and cod piece.

Love this suit-
endgame-breakdown-blog-1554221407103.jpg

i2e3suqna9321.jpg

The model look cool but I'm not paying $150 for something I wouldn't be able to use other than for reference files.

In other news I have actually started the suit, with my favorite part. The arc reactor. I know its not completely accurate to the films but hey! Its my cosplay not an entry to the 501st XD

It runs off a 9 volt because the original triangular light I used required a 4.5 volt supply and I couldn't get the AAA batteries to wire up correctly otherwise so until I get the right button cell to make it no more than a 1/2 in wide its a little more than an inch thick.

Attachments

• IMG_5164.JPG
    IMG_5164.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Just posting this pic of the nano-gauntlet so that I have a good reference image of the front for future use.

Though I've been thinking, would anyone be interested in watching a vlog series of my build? I'll be receiving the foam in a couple days time so I'll be able to really start hogging away at this project. My plan of action is to do the nano-accessories first, then flesh out the rest of the suit and I think I'lm going to start off with the sword Tony used to attack the Maw in the beginning of Infinity War as thats my favorite sword he uses.

Your guys' thoughts?

Last edited:
Alright, so if you guys want vlogs on the suit then I'll make them on a dedicated channel.

I've decided on the order I'm going to build. First, I'm going to build the following swords from Infinity War and Endgame, these will be easy since I'm planning on using poster board as the skeletal structure, dowels for strength and to keep them from folding, and covering them in some thin foam.

Then I'm going to build the nano-gauntlet.

Then, I'm going to build the arm mounted blasters. These will be interesting, and I'm going to use a similar technique to the swords. I'll use a cardboard tube for the barrel of the forearm cannon, an oldie but a goodie. Otherwise I'm just going to use cardboard and foam.

Afterwards I'll build the back accessories. The wings, and the energy re-distributer from Endgame.

I'm going to build the second shield we see in Infinity War, not Endgame. The reason being is that the shield we see in Endgame is transparent and the way I'd want to do that is with a large sheet of acrylic but since I don't have enough funds for that I'm just going to build the second one from Infinity War. The first one isn't that appealing to me.

And for the last accessories I'm going to build the battering rams Tony uses against Thanos.

Damn... these are a lot of accessories to build... 13 of them... I hope I'm up to task.

The last thing I'm going to build is, you guessed it, the rest of the suit XD. Starting from the helmet, then chest, followed by the shoulders, forearms, shins, covers for my shoes, then when I lose enough weight thanks to my diet, the abs, cod, biceps, and thighs.

Very cool,but why not start with the suit itself? Personal preference though
Either way looking forward to your project !
To help you on your way:

Last edited:
Very cool,but why not start with the suit itself? Personal preference though
Either way looking forward to your project !
To help you on your way:

Thanks for the links! The reason why I want to do the accessories first is because these are going to be built without a pattern. They're complex and large and I can't find patterns for any of them for foam that are free. I've already got a pattern for the suit thanks to The14thdoctor, so that will just fly by. Not to mention I'm waiting on a new ink cartridge for my printer to arrive so I can't do the suit first XD

So I was just watching Infinity War again, as you do, and noticed something.

This

Is not a cannon. This is actually the ram that made Thanos bleed... How'd I miss that

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back