Iron Man mkIII 3D Print Files - FREE

Hi everyone! I just joined the RPF and wanted to say a huge congrats to everyone's awesome works! I built a Mk 6 out of rubber last year and am looking at the Mk 42 this year however I'm looking into 3D printing it... I was wondering if anyone would be able to enlighten me as to how much a 1kg spool can print in terms of iron man, a single chest piece? or just a finger? just so I can get an idea of the cost of this project :D

Hi everyone! I just joined the RPF and wanted to say a huge congrats to everyone's awesome works! I built a Mk 6 out of rubber last year and am looking at the Mk 42 this year however I'm looking into 3D printing it... I was wondering if anyone would be able to enlighten me as to how much a 1kg spool can print in terms of iron man, a single chest piece? or just a finger? just so I can get an idea of the cost of this project :D

Hi Trojanface. I use repetier-Host. in the preview window it tells me how much filament its going to use.

I'm having a similar problem with the hand file as mentioned earlier in this thread. It shows as incomplete in Cura and won't print in Slic3r. I've tried multiple exports from 3DS and Blender and tried repairs from Netfabb.

I was having the same problems with just the makerbot software and then again with the Simplfy3d. Using the cross section view with Simplify3d show the glove as too thin (like 2 shells and completely hollow no matter the infill).

Hi the hands look great is there any chance of sending me the files please I'm just starting to build a 3d outfit did a foam but think the 3d printed would be great

Is there a way to mirror the hand file..or any files? Is there an option in netfabb, or meshlab? I downloaded the free version of both.

The ready to print hand is only available for the right. Other files included the fingers. Is there a way to mirror them and to cut up models?

Yeah, mirror the parts in Netfabb. You can also do it in Blender, just use the mirror modifier.

Does anyone know where I can find a 3d model to print the boots?

Have you checked thingiverse? Lots of IM models for printing there as well.

Cool, Thanks for the advice everyone. I found the process in a forum if anyone needs it..

(In netfabb)
"Pick the model. Go to Part - Mirror. Pick the axis you want - Mirror. The new mirrored part will be selected.
Go to Part - Export part - as STL. Pick a new name."

Looking forward to your future posts kenlandrum!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back