Iron Man Suit Sculpt. wip, mid section done 6/08/08

Re: Iron Man Suit Sculpt. wip, new helmet pics update20/06

finally got the pic up.

the helmets nearly done, need to make the ears next, then i can finish the sides then tidy the whole thing up.
12072008036.jpg

12072008037.jpg

12072008038.jpg

12072008039.jpg

got the hips molded today

12072008035.jpg

Re: Iron Man Suit Sculpt. wip, new helmet pics update20/06

I hate being one of those guys that just posts a "Good job, well done" kind of thing...

But...

Good Job, Well done! :D

Russ

Re: Iron Man Suit Sculpt. wip, new helmet pics update12/07

Looks great. May I ask why the right side is curved below where the [what would be gold] part is, but the left is straight? I kind of like the curve there rather than straight. :thumbsup

Dude honestly i might just cancel my 1:1 scale iron man pre-order from sideshow and just get one of ur helmets...that is DEAD ON!! i cant wait to see what more you do!

Griff

just finished scribing the cod, just gotta glue on the hips and its then under rubber for molding.

finally got this section done, had elays with the girlfriends heath which made this take a back seat but now its all ready for molding.

2025-07-20_05-02-47_SNV323631.jpg

SNV32364.jpg

SNV32365.jpg

SNV32365.jpg

SNV32366.jpg

SNV32367.jpg

That looks SO fu*king great!

What is that... Layers of Sintra? What are they on as a base? What's this piece gonna' be, fiberglass? How do you get it on?

Hey bud, clay sculpt, fiberglass base, sheet plastic detailing and a world of filler and sandpaper.

this piece will be cast in shore 60 urethane rubber pre tinted red so no paint needed, it will be firm enough to hold its shape but be flexible enough to wear confortably.

depending on how stretchy the rubber is (and of course your waistline) hopefully you will be able to slip it over your hips, if not then there are areas that you could slit in order to make it wider to go over your hips.

im away on holiday for a week tonight.

when i get back, i have booked the week off to get this piece molded, get the chest sculpted and waste molded and finish the helmet, and at some point sleep

got all the silicone on this now, hopefully get the jacket made over the weekend and get the first rubber one pulled next week.

i am please to say that the helmet is in the last stages too. i have made a mold for the "ears" just got to cast them, attach them to the helmet and then add the plate details and screws.

006-4.jpg

004-8.jpg

003-10.jpg

002-9.jpg

001-7.jpg

005-5.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back