Announcement Iron man - you have been asking for it!!!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
OK... you have kind of been asking for this...

For quite a while, we have been aware that there is a serious issue with the amount of content the site receives and how fast good content can be pushed off the front page of particular forums.

We have a long term plan to address this but that is going to take considerable time and money so in the meantime we have a stopgap solution that many of you have been asking for: we are taking the largest franchises and breaking them out of the "general" prop and costume forums.

We did a test earlier this year with a single franchise, Dredd and are pretty pleased with the results. We are now ready to roll this out in a larger scale.

We will be adding three new forums*:

Star Wars Costumes and Props
DC Costumes and Props
Marvel Costumes and Props

Much like the Dredd forum, these will serve as catchalls for anything that falls within those franchises, allowing you to look at the things you want to look at, avoid the things you don't want to look at, and allow the general costume and general prop forums to slow down a bit.

With this change, we will also be merging the Costume and Cosplay Showcase forum as it was a failure and not truly worth maintaining.

This of course means things will be changing and shifting over the next week, so please be patient with us as we make these changes.

*Please note that since these are franchise specific forums, they will contain props and costumes from any media associated with that franchise (movies, television, books & video games).

Good plan, will make finding and researching much easier.

The Dredd forum was (and still is) extremely useful for those of us working on Dredd related builds, stopping threads disappearing under a flood of other franchise related threads.

I guess I am stating things that are already known and blatantly obvious, but just wanted to throw in my support for the forum reshuffle!

I think I must be the only person on this site who likes sub-forums, I like the organization :lol I get annoyed if things in my house aren't symmetrical too ;)

This should be nice. Any chance other forum tags can be used to really utilize the search function, something like adding prop, costume, etc?

:lol I must be one of the few that likes the "showcase" section, however with the big 3 moving to sub-forums, completed costume threads should be easier to find in the general costume section. :thumbsup

I too really loved the costume showcase forum but I .......HATED.......LOATHED.....DEPLORED all the people who couldn't figure out the simple instructions at the top of the page and couldn't figure out the only thing that forum was for.

I really like the new sub forums- easy to see everything SW (my main interest) and also see everything else with less noise.

Those are great additions, can't wait to see what you'll do next with the JY.

BTW, very very small detail that has been bothering me all day (occupational bias !) : the "home" button has a left border that shouldn't be there, making the header border twice bigger right next to it. It's nothing really, but it would look better without it, like it is on the right side.
A bit more visible is the "store" button that is half hidden under the search bar.

Today, we finalized our concept for a slight revamp of the entire header. Should have it in place by early next week and both of those issues will be addressed.

Those are great additions, can't wait to see what you'll do next with the JY.

BTW, very very small detail that has been bothering me all day (occupational bias !) : the "home" button has a left border that shouldn't be there, making the header border twice bigger right next to it. It's nothing really, but it would look better without it, like it is on the right side.
A bit more visible is the "store" button that is half hidden under the search bar.

Too ... many ... clones in SW ... header ... can´t ... bear the idea of SW being only the PT ... must ... bare ... all ... and wait for a cold ...

LOL, was about to write something similar Michael!

I like the new arrangement in sub-fora, makes following threads a lot easier.

And I love how one of the most epic build threads slipped through your fingers when you sorted the old forum: Greg's 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console (is still in the general prop section).

The sad thing is, I spent almost half and hour looking for character collage photos like you see for Marvel and DC... and that crappy clone pic was the best thing I could find... :(

Too ... many ... clones in SW ... header ... can´t ... bear the idea of SW being only the PT ... must ... bare ... all ... and wait for a cold ...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back