JACK GOODMAN BUST w/ BAKER PIC...

Originally posted by clutch@Jan 17 2006, 07:23 AM
Tamiya clear red is the wrong color IMHO for blood on a smaller scale figure.  I think it works fine on 1/1.  You also have to remember that he wasn't terribly bloody in most of the scenes.  I seem to remember Rick Baker wanting to pour blood all over him and John Landis saying not to.
[snapback]1160993[/snapback]​

Thanks again Guys.

Yes Clutch, your 100% correct :) I already have people telling me they think I didn't put enough blood on him, but his face itself was very light and that's what took me so long about this one, I went in with all my screen cap reference and tried to match it... so it's light on the skin areas. The jacket is so bloody in the movie, I wonder if Rick did the make-up first and had to take some off Griffins face?

H

Originally posted by Scarecrow@Jan 17 2006, 10:04 AM
Did you buy the jacket and then cut it up or was it custom made?
[snapback]1161022[/snapback]​

I bought a new shirt and jacket and just wrapped the ends under the torso at the base. One note... never cut a down jacket, it was VERY messy :confused I had to fix the cuts on the jacket to keep the feathers from getting everywhere and just cut the shirt up for his left side gash :)

H

Hey Howard,

This came out AWESOME Man. :)

Please, put the paints away now and get back to sculpting,
your making me look bad. :confused

I think I need to paint one of these.

Who has one of these that needs painting? ;)

°Jeff

camper

Originally posted by camper@Jan 17 2006, 09:15 PM
Hey Howard,

This came out AWESOME Man.  :)

Please, put the paints away now and get back to sculpting,
your making me look bad.  :confused

I think I need to paint one of these.

Who has one of these that needs painting?  ;)

°Jeff

camper
[snapback]1161411[/snapback]​

Thanks Frosty.

Yeah Jeff... I hope someone gets you to paint theirs, I'm sure yours will rock :) And I have to say, it's soooo much fun to paint gore..

H

Everytime I go to the RPF you've got another great bust I want to have. Damn it Howard "Why can't I quit you?" :lol

Originally posted by dblank@Jan 18 2006, 08:59 AM
Everytime I go to the RPF you've got another great bust I want to have. Damn it Howard "Why can't I quit you?"  :lol
[snapback]1161915[/snapback]​

Did you get that line from Brokeback Mountain Dale.... :lol

H

Originally posted by Chewie15+Jan 18 2006, 05:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chewie15 @ Jan 18 2006, 05:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-dblank
@Jan 18 2006, 08:59 AM
Everytime I go to the RPF you've got another great bust I want to have. Damn it Howard "Why can't I quit you?"  :lol

H
[snapback]1162421[/snapback]​
[/b]

I know it's your favorite new movie Howard but to be honest I don't think the two busts you're sculpting from the film are going to be big sellers. :D

Originally posted by dblank+Jan 19 2006, 09:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dblank @ Jan 19 2006, 09:29 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Chewie15@Jan 18 2006, 05:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dblank
@Jan 18 2006, 08:59 AM

H
[snapback]1162421[/snapback]​

I know it's your favorite new movie Howard but to be honest I don't think the two busts you're sculpting from the film are going to be big sellers. :D
[snapback]1162712[/snapback]​
[/b]

Dale, I bought those two Cowboy hats for my cousins birthday... really.

:lol

H

Originally posted by Chewie15@Jan 27 2006, 01:15 PM
I added a new pic of Baker with my Jack Bust ;)

H
[snapback]1169466[/snapback]​

Now that is cool.

Oh, yeah. Love your new piece too. Natch.

damm thats is great., what did Rick think of the piece?, looks like he likes it.
Tamiya clear red is great stuff, i only wish they did bigger pots of it, i go through loads of the stuff on gruesome projects.

It wont be long until the rest of the Hollywood A+ list guys end up with some of your work.
I'm sure this is just the beginning.
Good for you Howard. :)

David

Got my Jack bust signed by David Naughton. Wh00t. Now to find Griffin D. :)
dvid.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back