JACK GOODMAN BUST w/ BAKER PIC...

You know, I can't even post to these threads anymore. How many different ways can I say, "That's amazing." without sounding repetitive? :p

I know... Sad, huh? I just do this:

Originally posted by The Mantis@Jan 16 2006, 11:35 AM
ABSOLUTE PERFECTION....  The jacket sells it...
[snapback]1160558[/snapback]​
WHAT HE SAID... (not to mention the flannel shirt.) :D

Outstanding, Howard.

- Gabe

WOW.. I'm blushing now :$

Thanks for all the kinds words.. This has been a very fun project... I absolutely love Bakers design and have always wanted my very own Jack Bust in my movie room... well it's time to set that shelf up and frame the American Werewolf in London poster that's been waiting for this day :D

H

Originally posted by Magic Man@Jan 16 2006, 11:31 PM
Ow. I love it. How'd you get it so wet looking?

Brad
[snapback]1160727[/snapback]​

Thanks again Guys.

The blood was done in about 4 layers... first I went in and painted a very dark, almost burgundy layer for a base... then I went in and added some lighter areas and started getting things to pop out. The final touches are a Tamiya Clear Red, which really should be called blood red and then I went into the middle areas with just plain clear to give everything a wet and nasty bloody look ;)
I also did the boney areas with a bone like yellow with clear mixture of blood to cover that for the movie look.

H

Simply awesome.
Man you could even do a darker more dead skin version that is inbetween this and the skeletal version with a simple paint job.
Massively great.

:eek:

I love it ...

It's still one of my all time favourite movies, just love the flapping skin on Jack.

Well done :thumbsup

You're an Alien aren't you? I mean, no human could pull off so many awesome sculpts like you do. :lol

Cheers,

Kraig

Tamiya clear red is the wrong color IMHO for blood on a smaller scale figure. I think it works fine on 1/1. You also have to remember that he wasn't terribly bloody in most of the scenes. I seem to remember Rick Baker wanting to pour blood all over him and John Landis saying not to.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back