JACK SPARROW HAT RECOMMENDATIONS?

sparrowfan

:D
new here, am looking for a jack sparrow hat.
saw 3 on ebay

one by the mighty sithcamaro, my hero
that ones out of the question, i can't afford it right now. lol

the other 2 i've narrowed down to are:

jackhat1.jpg

user19's hat $250
jh3.jpg

jh4.jpg

Acme Brand's hat $275
newhatcollage.jpg

I'm leaning towards user19's hat, since Acme brand uses vegetable leather, which could easily dissolve when water hits.

what do u guys think???

I think they both look great. I'm starting to put together a Jack Sparrow costume myself but having a hard time shallowing the price everyone wants for the hats. Just so you know, vegetable tanned leather will not dissolve in water, but it can become discolored if it gets wet and could shrink if soaked in water and then dried. However, if its finished properly (i.e. oiled and waterproofed) none of that should happen.

Randy

i would go with the user19 hat. The Acme's fold tops are really rounded, as the user19s are more accurate and flattened on the top as per my drawing...

here is Jacks Hat...

jackhat1.jpg

see how it doesnt curve all that much, more flat at the tops...

here is the Acme hat...

hatcomp2.jpg

Which is quite rounded as to that of the user19 hat...

jh3.jpg

I owe the user19-hat myself and I can assure you it is well crafted. There is a wire inside the rim which let's you choose how the hat will appear. User19 uses thicker leather so the hat is very firm. On the other hand it becomes a little heavier and you can't just take it off and diform it. When Barbossa steals your ship again the hat will keep the form ;)

Thinner leather and no wire inside the rim would make the hat perfect but I have no regrets about spending the money on it. It's worth it.

Hi,

I'm sorry for the late answer but I wasn't able to enter the forum during the last days :unsure

I'm not sure if you still need them but here are some pics of the hat. If you need more just tell me.

1_hut.jpg

hat_01.jpg

thats a great looking hat, i can't wait to get mine

in the mean-time i got my Jack sparrow Dead Man's Chest belt,
you won't believe how little it costed me. :D

I can't wait for the next Halloween. lol finally putting something decent together this time around

Can you PM the details of that belt? (Except that the buckle comes from the Santa Clause costume... :D )
Because I'm still searching one... :)
Thanks ;)

got the hat, ....
and it looks awesome.

anyone where i could get the exact jack sparrow frock coat?
or the fabric???

it will really complete the look.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back