Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

Oota, long time away from this, nice to see you're still working on it. I'm also still working on it but had a stumbling block with the head, thankfully I got a 3D printer, found a file on thingiverse.com and adjusted the size to what I needed and now I am back at it again. Still need the paint this thing and hopefully I'll get that done soon.lol
IMG_20211205_115521419.jpg
IMG_20211205_115502349.jpg

Hey Smoke nice to hear from you again. Your robot still looks amazing it just gets better with age! I really like the way the 'chasis' of you robot looks so much like the film prop you've done a really nice job

Yeah you're right the warrior definitely sticks around not the kind of project that gets abandoned weirdly enough :)

Thanks for posting pics and helping motivate fellow ABC builders ok I mean me.

Wow, this thread on an actual lifesize replica of an ABC warrior, pure excellent. I plan to build one too for my collection, a mixture of fibreglass, scrap metal and 3D printed parts. I want to do a whole display, with Judge Dredd, a replica Lawmaster too. A separate project is the City Cab, using a Land Rover 101 chassis, (just like the filmmakers did, here in the UK). Seeing this thread has inspired me, never give up on your dreams, well done, keep up the excellent work.

Last edited:
Do it Luv4film :) There are some awesome reference pics out there now thanks to both original props being up for auction recently (ish). We got some really valuable references there especially the back of the robot.

Still the 1/9th scale kitset is very useful and as fair as i can tell quite accurate. I just measured off the model and multiplied it up 9 times.

Had my robot standing up recently in preparation for the long awaited armature. Including the head he came in about 2.4 meters which looks right to me. I am still planning a stand up/ sit version otherwise I wont be able to see the top once he's done :)

Make sure you update us when/ if you start. I think I'm on year 11 of my build ha ha no hurry.....

Yeah, I hear you, Oot. I've got a nearly completed pepakura head and parically completed 3D printed head, both awaiting completion. And there's no hurry - cos it's just a hobby... Right? It's just a hobby?

Hi Blax! Well here's my usual crap WIP photo. I tried erasing the background....that somehow made it worse. So the robot is standing infront of my vac former. I will sort a background out soon (ish)

The update:

I abandoned the idea of an aluminium frame after a year of procrastination. I realised I wouldn't be able to settle on a pose until I had everything up. I am still mucking around with it but I have managed to put some life into the figure. I am using PVC pipe and connectors so I can move things around to a degree and they will hopefully be stronger once glued. Overall the armiture is less stable than I'd like and I can imagine having to make a support or two further down the track.

I am slowly making my way through all the vac formed pieces I have made. Next up will be the shoulder pads and shoulder-blades. I've realised that alot of the detailing on the shoulder pads will never be seen as he is currently standing at about 2.2m high to the shoulder.

I've made some bucks for the hands. Still trying decide if I make the hands the same (like from the scene where the judges pull off the canvas and the robot is shooting from his right AND his left hands) or just have the gun assembly on the right hand we'll see.

I'm collecting a few tubes and flexi-pipes for when I finally get to detailing. Thanks to the propstore there are some excellent close ups of the robots guts so that will help me in making the guy a bit more accurate. I am still relying heavily on the 1/9th scale kit which seems to be extremely accurate to the film prop.

Anyhoo hopefully more updates from me this year (like more than 1 in a year would be good). Will I set an rpf record for the slowest prop replica ever made?

Capture.JPG

oh yeah I should say I'm still really enjoying this build and love it when i get time to spend on this thing. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out; the detailing and finishes are reasonably sharp and for it's size it's very light-weight.

I ended up compromising on the feet and screwing them into a piece of plywood to improve stability and that joins the growing list of compromises I am making in favour of finishing/ progress :)

Last edited:
Just saw this on ebay made by a member here. The highly talented Vmasterbulider has made an excellent bust of the robot. It looks very accurate in terms of dimensions but he's also added his own touches to the finishing making it a really beautiful custom.....

I've said this before but the skill and craft put into this robot has given it legs far beyond the movie. It's a kick ass design no question

Hi all no real update today; it's too soon!

I'm still chipping away at mine, working on the stomach detailing at the moment trying to get it as close as I can. Trick for me is I'm trying to use light weight materials that can be load bearing at the same time ha ha!

But I wanted again to plug Vmasterbuilders busts and heads that he is selling on ebay:

This is by far the best fan made example I've seen and that definitely includes my own finish-by-2030 robot :)

Hoping to post update pics at some stage cheers!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back